NEWBIE AUDIOPHILE HELP!!!!!!
Jun 11, 2013 at 8:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

MuizikToMaEars

New Head-Fier
Ok i am curently lookin to buy some nice IEMs. ive been lookin at many reviews on youtube and this site to try to figure out which ones i want. Im leaning towards the Shure se535. i like the style of them, the ear hooks(because of the memory hook) and because i hear that they are crystal clear. The only thing that worries me is the bass. I only listen to Rap and hip hop music which is bass heavy.   Im not lookin for Beats by dre bass by any means but would def like to feel atleast a little punch in my ear. I have also been lookin at the westone 4s but am worried about the ear hook. looks uncompfortable and i dont really like the overall style.  Im going to be buying a ipod to use with them and i also want help in chooseing the best one. One that will help the iems sound the best without a amp.  i like to play music at work. in the future i will be purchasing a amp for home use but for now just wanna buy the IEMs and Ipod. If anybody can help steer me in the right direction i would really appreciate it. Thanks

Jun 11, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #6 of 14
can u get a silver wire for those?            and what does it do?                 also what kind of amp do u use or recomend for the westone or shures with a ipod?         sorry for all the questions im new to this

Jun 11, 2013 at 11:48 PM Post #7 of 14
Quote:
can u get a silver wire for those?            and what does it do?                 also what kind of amp do u use or recomend for the westone or shures with a ipod?         sorry for all the questions im new to this

I think it's possible for silver cable. Silver cable usually make it sound brighter and some extension in treble.

I used Go-Dap X with W4 in the past but now moving to CIEM. Here is my current set up.

For Amp, I have C5 and ALO the National. Go-Dap X for DAC/Amp combo. Those blue and black thing are Go-Dap DD Socket 1 and Go-Dap DD Socket 1 Limited edition DAC. My CIEM is Fitear MH335DW. I'll be adding two more DAC/Amp, Go-Dap TT and SounDroid Typhoon, to my collection soon.

Both C5 and National are very good for starting. It's depend on your budget. Ultimately, I preferred something like ALO RX Mk3 or Apex Glacier.

Jun 12, 2013 at 12:23 AM Post #8 of 14
I'm going to steer off track and recommend the Heir Audio 3.ai. The bass is very satisfying and powerful, midrange clear, and treble not fatiguing. Also, the sound boasts luscious body, and the vocals are quite weighty which I feel you will enjoy for your genres. However, if you are allergic to sibilance, do note it is occasionally annoying because of an upper midrange spike with these iems.

The 3.ai is priced $299 on Heir Audio's website and took about a month to ship to rural Alberta, Canada.

Jun 12, 2013 at 9:37 AM Post #9 of 14
Thanks for your help guys. One of the other reasons I was leaning towards the shures was the control talk cord. Im going to be using these at work and need to be able to pause quickly. As long as the bass is equal to or greater tuen the samsung headphones that came with my s4 then I will be fine. Anybody know if they are or not?

Jun 12, 2013 at 9:43 AM Post #10 of 14
I was also thinking of just buying them local and if I dont like them could always just take them back.i was lookin at the heirs to but would prob go with the shures or W4. I really dont wanna import cuz its a pain in the ass to return. Appreciate the help guys. Im new to everything so learning all the lingo is tough. Mtthefirst. Thanks for the amp info even though I dont understand it lol. Il get there eventually

Jun 12, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #13 of 14
Ok i am curently lookin to buy some nice IEMs. ive been lookin at many reviews on youtube and this site to try to figure out which ones i want. Im leaning towards the Shure se535. i like the style of them, the ear hooks(because of the memory hook) and because i hear that they are crystal clear. The only thing that worries me is the bass. I only listen to Rap and hip hop music which is bass heavy.   Im not lookin for Beats by dre bass by any means but would def like to feel atleast a little punch in my ear. I have also been lookin at the westone 4s but am worried about the ear hook. looks uncompfortable and i dont really like the overall style.  Im going to be buying a ipod to use with them and i also want help in chooseing the best one. One that will help the iems sound the best without a amp.  i like to play music at work. in the future i will be purchasing a amp for home use but for now just wanna buy the IEMs and Ipod. If anybody can help steer me in the right direction i would really appreciate it. Thanks
Sol Republic Amps are pretty clear with some decent bass. And they look cool! Lol

Jun 12, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #14 of 14
never looked into those kind but i really dont want to import. i purchased the Logitech UE900 today from the apple store and i will def say that sound great but not great enough for me to spend 400 bux on them. Does anybody know how the Shure535s bass is compared to the ue900s ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back