Newbie Alert: What IC's/cords do I need for a Melos?
Oct 19, 2002 at 10:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

The Quality Guru

Blah! he says.
Hopefully, if all goes well, I should have a Melos soon. But, considering I know nothing about how to set up my system (IC's and all) I need advice.

1)What sort of IC's do I need to connect a CDP to the Melos? RCA? The Melos is the version "with three inputs," if that means anything. What are some good interconnects <$100? Audioquest Ruby? Silver Lace? Totem Sinew?

2) Do I need a power cord or PSU? What are some good budget options?

3) And is there anything else I need that I've left out?

Thanks, everyone!

Regards, Luke

Oct 19, 2002 at 11:17 PM Post #2 of 4
Does it have a detachable IEC that will accpet an aftermarket power cord? Some SHA-1's do, some don't. If so, I reco the Virtual Dynamics Power 3. Depending on your budget for ICs, VD also makes some great ones.

Mark

Oct 20, 2002 at 12:11 AM Post #3 of 4
Silver works best in my system, but take your source into consideration. It isn't bright or hyped or any of those things as I have it configured, and my system cannot be characterized as warm, mushy, or laid back. Whatever you decide on, don't go spending more than $200 on it.

NGF

Oct 20, 2002 at 5:41 AM Post #4 of 4
Well, some experences with my melos, you need a set of interconnects, i use a set of outlaws in mine, and mine came with a power chord already installed. It appears to be inside the unit, but i did recieve a used melos a few months back from another head-fi user. I'd assume that all melos's have a power cord built into them based on the appearance of mine, but i'm not completely sure to be honost

Users who are viewing this thread

Back