Newbie - AKG K81
Jun 1, 2006 at 6:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Tawcan

New Head-Fier
After reading bunch threads on this forum the last few days and checking on Tom Lee Music's website I knew Tom Lee has some decent headphones in stock. So today I went there hoping to get a new pair. Tom Lee Music had a few different headphones lying around so I got the chance to try a few of them (my budget was under $150). After a long listening test I narrowed down to AKG K81 and Sony 500V. The two seemed to sound really similar except that K81 had more base.
basshead.gif
Since I've read a lot about K81 on here and it was cheaper ($79) I went with K81.

I have to say so far I'm pretty happy with K81. The sound isolation is great considering the cans are not that big. Before hearing about K81 I was planning to purchase HD280pro. I saw them today and boy they are gigantic.
eek.gif

So now I guess a burn-in is needed. From my understanding, this means playing bunch different types of music at a higher volume than one would typically hear. Is that correct?

Is there anything else I should know about these headphones? Thanx.

Jun 1, 2006 at 3:04 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by alfie
Here burning didn't make them change at all.

Don't put them in the refrigerator
smily_headphones1.gif

I've heard that burn-in definitely changed them - and since I own a pair, I think some of those opinions are quite valid.
biggrin.gif

Burn-in just means using them for a while. Some people leave them playing music in a drawer, some people (like me) are to lazy to do that and just wear them a listen to music for a while. I figure that whether burn-in is physchological or physical, I'm covered either way. :)

Jun 1, 2006 at 3:19 PM Post #4 of 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back