Newb to headphones. How much sound leakage should I expect from an open headphone?
Oct 14, 2013 at 9:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

TheUnknown

New Head-Fier
Normally I listen to music all day ranging from george winston to pearl jam on my computer speakers.  At night, I also sometimes play FPS and other types of games on the computer.   Temporarily myself, and my family, have moved into a smaller apartment and I wanted to get headphones to not only drown out some of the noise while I work, but also still be able to use my computer (music and gaming) without disturbing others.

I have read that open headphones have sound leakage.  How extreme is this leakage? If I am in a small room surrounded by a bedroom with an open door and a bedroom with a closed door, are the occupants going to be able to hear what I am doing?

From what I have read open headphones have a better soundstage, which would probably be better for the gaming, but would love some advice from you experts?

I went into best buy today to listen to some open headphones, but the stuff they had wasn't that great and its so noisy in there I could not tell how bad the leakage was.

Thanks in advance.

Oct 14, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #2 of 5
depending on the thickness of the wall, nobody will probably hear you through the wall, unless if you play your music really loud, simple as that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back