Newb question: Should I spend more on IEMs or IEM/Amp combo for Zune?
Jul 5, 2007 at 7:22 AM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Febs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You don't need to put the amp in a bin. In fact, I would recommend keeping it in your carry-on, because if you take it out to put it in a bin you are going to slow down the security line. The only electronic item that needs to go into a bin separately is your laptop.

2nd'd. My typical carry on now includes, Zune, E500's, Nintendo DS, Laptop, Cellphone, Camera, 2-3 lenses, extra batteries, and all sorts of cables. I think once they asked to check it to look at a lens, otherwise never a problem.

Though that extra ounce of deodorant got me a stern talking to.

Jul 5, 2007 at 8:46 AM Post #17 of 22
Hi all, sorry to hijack this thread, but for my case i just bought a 5G ipod and i own a pair of mylarone XBs and an EX90. Would it be the same thing for me: to get a better pair of IEMs? Actually i was thinking of getting the ibasso T2 and upgrade from there...

Jul 14, 2007 at 5:20 PM Post #18 of 22
OK, so I've had my Super.fi 5 Pros for a week now, and they have about 20 hrs on them. So far, I'm not sure if I'm impressed, and if they are even worth the $$. I almost feel like my "cheapie" PX100s sound better (especially the bass).

The UEs sound slightly muddy in the mids. They also don't sound as airy as my PX100s. They have nice detail but that seems to be about it. Hopefully, they will open up over time?

Jul 22, 2007 at 7:47 PM Post #19 of 22
I replaced the tips on the UE5s with the smallest ones that came with my EP630s, and the seal and fit is much improved. For some reason the tips on the UE5s, regardless of size, feel too firm and slide out at the slightest movement.

Jul 24, 2007 at 1:34 PM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nisaus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi all, sorry to hijack this thread, but for my case i just bought a 5G ipod and i own a pair of mylarone XBs and an EX90. Would it be the same thing for me: to get a better pair of IEMs? Actually i was thinking of getting the ibasso T2 and upgrade from there...

had the same thing in mind..

my mylar XB from SonyEricsson m600i with hpm-72+megabass option:
warm,smooth bass with 'unoffensive' highs and mids.

my mylar XB from nano headphone jack:
sibilant,harsh,treble seems uncontrolled..lacking punch and depth in bass too..

will using ibasso T1/T2 gives it warmer sound?
or should i get warmer IEM?
or should i just consider other DAPs(cowonD2/samsung yp-k3)

Jul 28, 2007 at 7:16 PM Post #21 of 22
OK, I did the mod on my superfi 5s (switching left and right drivers), and it definitely is a better fit and seal. Now they are growing on me (still prefer the K601s when I'm at home though).

Jul 28, 2007 at 7:44 PM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by bellsprout /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think u should get er-4s and supermicro iv combo, which would cost about the same as triple-fi's

x2

(converted ER4S lover)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back