Newb question about headphone amp placement
Jan 30, 2010 at 3:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

3sheets

New Head-Fier
I'm new here, this is my 1st post...so take it easy on me. I'm borrowing a Firestone Audio Little Country III from a friend and was wondering where in my rig I should put it. I have a McIntosh C29 preamp with a 2 main outs, 1 line out and 2 tape outs. I have it hooked up from one of the main outs right now. I know there's different impedance from each output, just not sure which would be optimal for use with the headphone amp. Thanks for the help!

Cory

Jan 31, 2010 at 4:48 AM Post #2 of 5
Bueller?.....anyone?

Jan 31, 2010 at 6:00 PM Post #3 of 5
am i posting this in the wrong section or what? i joined this forum for help, im already on audiokarma.com, but they said to come over here for headphone questions. im borrowing an amp and i dont know the best place to hook it up. Where is YOUR headphone amp hooked up and why? whats the difference between tape out, main out and pre out?

Feb 1, 2010 at 12:00 AM Post #5 of 5
ok, thanks. right now i have the my CDP going into the head amp, then the outputs from it are going to my aux in, on my preamp. its kinda acting as a tube buffer right now, but i cant listen to my LP's through it. so, ill go line out from the preamp to the input on the head amp as suggested. i have a control for the right and left channel output of the line/headphone outs on my preamp. should i keep those turned up or about half way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back