newb observations; mint/cmoy
Apr 19, 2006 at 10:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

jonnywolfet

Headphoneus Supremus
sorry if this is repeditive, i would just like to know if my observations are within peoples experiences, or if there are any contradictions.

i recently built a mint, my 3rd amp coming from a cmoy.
the mint is running at 18v with ad6820 and bb634u buffers.
cmoy is using bb6667 (9v)

i noticed an increase in speed and a vast increase in detail and clarity in the mint, somewhat bright with some recordings and e4c, (getting um2's soon, hoping to get a good synergy) bass seems a little lighter but much more controlled. mids are a lot clearer. it seems to be somewhat analytical, not sure if im gonna like it with sr60(which are on the way)

going back to the cmoy, i found it to be noisy, dark and veiled, with an immediately noticable treble roll off.

am i hearing what can be had of a better amp? time to start thinking about a Pint? these both use those cheap little panasonic pots, i would like to implement something with a little bit more of an audiophile approach, with ofc and such.
let me know what you think.
jon.

Apr 19, 2006 at 11:03 AM Post #2 of 3
PINT is essentially a cmoy with a ground channel.

Also, I like the sound of the panasonic pot much more than the alps used in the PINT. The alps control used in the PINT reminds me of the cheap scratchy 100k ones that are sold at radioshack both in tracking and sound.

Apr 19, 2006 at 4:39 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by dokebi
PINT is essentially a cmoy with a ground channel.

Yeah, but it's much better than a cmoy....heck it even beats my Hornet to my ears
basshead.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back