(The red part of the gold ring = my carpet
tongue.gif
)

Hey not cool! (your making me jealous
tongue.gif
)

What size is your intous?

Jun 7, 2007 at 1:46 AM Post #17 of 23
Canon 50mmf2.5macro is often overlooked, you should be able to find one for $200, i used to have one its razor sharp with 1:2 macro capabilty, cheap build though which is why its inexpensive. that lens will be a great compliment to the XTi 17-55 kit lens, you dont need fast aperature for nature shots with large DOF, you should get a decent tripod though.

i have a couple pics around of senn grills taken with the 50macro to test sharpness, ill look and try to find them and post.

edit: i cant find the comparison pics of the grills i seem to have misplaced the disk, trust me that 50macro was ultra sharp to point of giving the 135f2.0L a run, this pic was taken with the 50mm with the Canon 1:1 macro converter which did softened the lens some, info below reads 70mm focal length b/c of the converter.

IMG_4315-2.jpg

File Name
IMG_4315.JPG
Camera Model Name
Canon EOS 10D
Shooting Date/Time
7/4/2005 6:15:07 PM
Shooting Mode
Aperture-Priority AE
Tv( Shutter Speed )
1/10
Av( Aperture Value )
Metering Mode
Partial
Exposure Compensation
ISO Speed
Lens
50.0mm
Focal Length
70.0mm
Image Size
3072x2048

IMG_4315-1.jpg

above is same image cropped, and it looks slightly front focussed
frown.gif
at least the ground is sharp

Jun 7, 2007 at 2:33 AM Post #18 of 23
I've read about that lens euclid. From what I read, it's the equivalent to ksc75, being that it's the best bang for the buck.

Jun 7, 2007 at 3:17 AM Post #19 of 23
Uhh

For zoom lense try the 70-200mm f/4 L lense in the future it may be out of your budget

For all around try the 50mm 1.8 aperture canon (its like 75 bucks) and get some extension rings (increase focal length between back of lense and sensor giving more zoom) also the canon 100mm maco lense has great versatility

Jun 7, 2007 at 3:39 AM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey not cool! (your making me jealous
tongue.gif
)

What size is your intous?

6x8...industry standard
biggrin.gif

Jun 7, 2007 at 3:41 AM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've read about that lens euclid. From what I read, it's the equivalent to ksc75, being that it's the best bang for the buck.

Yes it is. The Sigma equivalent (50mm f/2.8 EX) is also a very good bang-for-the-buck macro lens that actually focuses to 1:1 without any adapter. However, my art teacher has one for her Canon 35mm camera, and when I tried it with my Rebel XT it gave me an err99. So...you'll want to try before you buy.

Jun 7, 2007 at 8:08 AM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
when I tried it with my Rebel XT it gave me an err99. So...you'll want to try before you buy.

That's no good. It needs re-chip at factory to work with the new digital bodies. The latest revisions might not have the problem.

Jun 7, 2007 at 8:27 PM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes it is. The Sigma equivalent (50mm f/2.8 EX) is also a very good bang-for-the-buck macro lens that actually focuses to 1:1 without any adapter. However, my art teacher has one for her Canon 35mm camera, and when I tried it with my Rebel XT it gave me an err99. So...you'll want to try before you buy.

a 50mm with true 1:1 is an incredibly versatile lens. FM reviews look good too.
nice suggestion Mrvile

http://www.fredmiranda.com/reviews/s...rt=7&thecat=13

Users who are viewing this thread

Back