New ZVM Firmware Update Fixes BB Distortion
May 25, 2006 at 2:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Lacene

100+ Head-Fier
There's a new firmware upgrade from Creative that reportedly added audible support as well as fixes some minor slideshow glitches and subscription resume issues: ZVM Firmware Upgrade.

what the folks over at epizenter.net are finding out is that there are some little, unpublished improvements that were also added: the clock now appears in the 'Now Playing' screen, and last but not least, the bass distortion issues using Bass Boost and/or EQ settings have been resolved, and there is no more distortion.

That last little item is the most important one to me....anyone with a ZVM out there care to confirm the reports??? As soon as I get home, I will check with my ZVM.....

May 25, 2006 at 2:36 AM Post #3 of 9
I don't know; I beleive these things should have been addressed before being released. I bought a ZVM, and returned it because of the frequent "fuzzy" track I got, cruddy play/resume and FF, RW features.

May 25, 2006 at 3:05 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by w1ned
I don't know; I beleive these things should have been addressed before being released. I bought a ZVM, and returned it because of the frequent "fuzzy" track I got, cruddy play/resume and FF, RW features.

I do get the "fuzzy" track problem but not very often...probably once every 60 or 70 tracks. It doesn't bother me. One of my wishes is that it had more than 1 custom EQ because I use the EQ with my E4 and also when the ZV:M is connected to my Eclipse HU... I hate it when I forget to change it going into my truck system with 80Hz bumped up to +8 dB...BOOM BOOM.
basshead.gif

May 26, 2006 at 12:07 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane
I do get the "fuzzy" track problem but not very often...probably once every 60 or 70 tracks. It doesn't bother me. One of my wishes is that it had more than 1 custom EQ because I use the EQ with my E4 and also when the ZV:M is connected to my Eclipse HU... I hate it when I forget to change it going into my truck system with 80Hz bumped up to +8 dB...BOOM BOOM.
basshead.gif

I used to worry that I might be a basshead, but I don't think so anymore. 80hz boosted 8dB with the E4? I think the E4 sounds fantastic in the bass department with the EQ off. I think the bass quantity is only a little bit less with the E4 compared to the KSC-75. There is quite a bit more slam with the 75s, however.

May 26, 2006 at 8:23 AM Post #6 of 9
I'm using ksc-75 and perfectly happy with eq off on zvm. I've tried bass boost on a few songs, didn't notice distortion, but....it just didn't sound right.

May 26, 2006 at 10:27 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingo
I used to worry that I might be a basshead, but I don't think so anymore. 80hz boosted 8dB with the E4? I think the E4 sounds fantastic in the bass department with the EQ off. I think the bass quantity is only a little bit less with the E4 compared to the KSC-75. There is quite a bit more slam with the 75s, however.

I do like my bass...I guess I try to get my E4 to sound more like my full size cans (650 & 880). I'm also used to lots of deep bass in my truck although it's not HUGE bass it is fairly clean & tight. I use an Alpine amp that has a lot of EQ options to really tweak the bass.

Imo the bass boost on the ZV:M doesn't sound good. I don't boost 250 Hz. on the EQ.(I think the next one up is 250Hz.??)

May 29, 2006 at 4:18 AM Post #8 of 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Back