New Zune software v 3.0 sucks
Sep 27, 2008 at 6:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

MadDog

500+ Head-Fier
I am not seeing any useuful featues added (yeah, except clock) but worst of all, the sychronization is so slow if not fails to work. Most often I have to actually drag the song files into Zune software to sync. This wasn't a problem a problem with the previous version.

Does anyone know where to get the old version of software? This new software sucks..

Sep 27, 2008 at 7:59 PM Post #3 of 25
[rant]..as expected from Microsoft[/rant]
tongue.gif

Sep 27, 2008 at 8:17 PM Post #4 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by MadDog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am not seeing any useuful featues added (yeah, except clock) but worst of all, the sychronization is so slow if not fails to work. Most often I have to actually drag the song files into Zune software to sync. This wasn't a problem a problem with the previous version.

Does anyone know where to get the old version of software? This new software sucks..

The old version is not as streamlined and speedy as the latest 3.0 version

Why are you doing drag and drop if you can monitor folders?
Settings - Software - Collection - Monitored Folders

if sync operations are slow, check your device status going to Device - Status and see what is being synced, removed or updated on your Zune device.

if this is your 1st time syncing, it will take a long time since the software is updating all your media in the Zune device. You can stop the sync operation but the updated procees will continue later.

BTW, the clock wasnt added to the software. ti was added to the device firmware.

Sep 27, 2008 at 9:35 PM Post #6 of 25
Maybe I should wipe out 3.0 and re-install..before with v.2.5 the music collection picks up immediately after I dumped the files into my Zune music folder, but with v.3.0 it takes forever when the file size is big (like 19 mb). The only way to make it appear immediately is physically drop the damn files into Zune collection window. I am not even talking about Zune device sync. This is not accpetable!

Why don't you try open up the Zune music collection and drop a big music file (about 19 MB) onto your Zune music folder..it will
take forever to update your music collection window.

Sep 27, 2008 at 10:10 PM Post #7 of 25
Ok, I might have fixed the synchronization problem by uninstalling and re-installing the Zune software..but funny thing I found was that even though I removed the music folders under setting (monitor folders), the Zune software would always reference the old folders I removed. That is even after I reset the everything using "ZuneMediaCollectionResetTool". Something fishy about this software..

Sep 28, 2008 at 12:23 AM Post #8 of 25
I liked the software. Took a day or 2 to figure out, but it just "works".

Sep 28, 2008 at 12:37 AM Post #9 of 25
It's kind of ironic, 3.0 is the first Zune software that immediately updates what is put into the Explorer folder...the folder being monitored. I watched the files immediately update while a folder of songs was being converted from either WAV or OGG, I don't remember, and the original file was deleted in the process using Efficient converter. Just as soon as the conversion process made a Zune compatible song, Zune software saw it and included it.

Now that's efficient and this is the first Zune software I've had that did that.

Sep 28, 2008 at 12:48 AM Post #10 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Surfer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
3.0 works fine for me.
Faster and better than 2.5.

X2. I tried the two-week free subscription thing, and it's nice. But I had to clean off my Zune and reload all my tracks, playlists, etc., when my first download screwed up the sync process (kept updating). Now, working great.

Sep 29, 2008 at 5:03 PM Post #14 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomikans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
pointless post lol~

anyways.. i don't know about you but 3.0 has improved on speed for me..

That, and the ability to tag multiple entries & add artwork to whole albums. Plus, you can put all those wayward songs that were listed as separate albums together as 1 cd, the way they belong. Zune DEV Team is starting to kick AZZ IMO!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back