New Zen Stone Plus 2GB w/ Screen
Jun 21, 2007 at 2:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

HeadBanger

New Head-Fier
Just thought i'd let anyone out there looking for a small mp3 dap to check out the ZEN Stone Plus 2gb. Its new and isnt on the market just yet, but it sports a screen and has the same body as the original Zen Stone. Check out the link

http://www.epizenter.net/news.php?extend.294

and

http://www.creative.com/products/pro...ct=16696&nav=0

to me it looks pretty good, it should cost around 64$ according to epizenter which isn't too bad. Similar size to the shuffle, more space, a screen, and its cheaper than the shuffle
smily_headphones1.gif
Looks good to me.

Jun 21, 2007 at 3:02 AM Post #2 of 21
Nice find! For only $64, man alive...they will prolly make a lot of money off this. It seems like a legit item, who knows....I may get one!

Jun 21, 2007 at 4:01 AM Post #4 of 21
imagine if this was at the 39 dollar price point of the original zen stone. This is still a really good deal compared to most other players out there. i wonder if the battery life suffered because of the screen.

Jun 21, 2007 at 10:32 AM Post #7 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by TonePusher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is exactly what I was hoping for. I was planning to get the current stone but I guess I'll just wait for this one.

I wanted the 1 GB Stone too but my only choice locally is Black which isn't very pretty. The Plus might look nice with other colors. Great deal it seems for this price.

Jun 21, 2007 at 2:44 PM Post #8 of 21
I am just after looking at the website.
So:
-it has onboard FM tuner - that's nice.
-there is no mention of podcast support, though
-it has EQ settings, I would not expect this at that price

They got some nice girls into the ad photo session I have to say ;p

Jun 22, 2007 at 8:54 AM Post #10 of 21
Wow, this looks crazy good. With pending SQ aside, the only noticeable downside indeed is the sub-par battery life. But I guess with such a small thing, there was little choice with that.

Jun 22, 2007 at 7:00 PM Post #15 of 21
why release two versions? it seems so stupid to me. not to mention the screen takes away from the overall attractiveness of the player. then again, for 2gb, a screen is almost a necessity. 1gb is a push anyway, as opposed to, say 256mb. sure, it's small by today's standards, but if you can continuously exercise and listen to all the songs you have on there and need more music....well, then you are a god among fat mortals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back