New Zen Micro Firmware 2.20.05
Sep 27, 2005 at 2:30 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by MIKEp
the 2.2... only makes it so you can use subscription services. If you aren't planning to dont install it because you have to format your hard drive

It also adds MTP support - seamless drag-n-drop integration with Windows XP (no drivers needed) - and Audible support. Reason enough to upgrade. So it formats your player. It's easy enough to reload it. Took me all of 10-15 minutes.

Sep 27, 2005 at 3:39 AM Post #5 of 11
mtp support... as in completely driverless and i can use it to drag/drop in linux? or as in it shows up as a proprietory device in explorer and you can drag/drop to it? if it's the former i'll upgrade, otherwise it's nothing to get excited about imo.

Sep 27, 2005 at 1:00 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by jnev
mtp support... as in completely driverless and i can use it to drag/drop in linux? or as in it shows up as a proprietory device in explorer and you can drag/drop to it? if it's the former i'll upgrade, otherwise it's nothing to get excited about imo.

As I said: "drag-n-drop integration with Windows XP (no drivers needed)".

Sep 29, 2005 at 2:54 AM Post #9 of 11
Usually I'd sacrafice my self and try it for the purposes of science but my micro is off in Oaklahoma getting the headphone jack replaced. Then im selling it to one of my friends who needs a good player desperately.

Sep 29, 2005 at 11:48 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by mmmpopfanatic
So...Has anyone tried it yet?

It's on my Micro right now. No problems. The battery drain issue that was still present in the earlier 2.xx firmware has been corrected as well. If you need PlayForSure and/or MTP and/or Audible support, then it's a no-brainer.

You can download it from Creative's U.S. website here:

http://us.creative.com/support/downl...pe=0&details=1

Sep 29, 2005 at 8:54 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by dpippel
It's on my Micro right now. No problems. The battery drain issue that was still present in the earlier 2.xx firmware has been corrected as well. If you need PlayForSure and/or MTP and/or Audible support, then it's a no-brainer.

You can download it from Creative's U.S. website here:

http://us.creative.com/support/downl...pe=0&details=1

I loaded it up day before yesterday & it's been working great for me. Just to be clear the earlier version of the 2.x firmware also provided MTP & PFS support, so the changes in this version are the 4-hour standby (referred to as the battery-drain fix) and audible support. I don't use audible, so I can't comment on that. But battery performance is better for my usage (which involves lots of off-time lasting less than 12 hours). One more thing -- The day before I found out about this new firmware, all my PFS-licensed tracks (subscription tracks from Yahoo Music service) stopped playing, with a message that the license expired. I couldn't figure out what was causing that problem (it hadn't happened before), but decided I'd work on it again after loading the new firmware. Well, I know post hoc doesn't always ergo propter hoc, but ... the problem went away after loading the new firmware. So all is well now on my ZM.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back