New Zealand Meeting?
Feb 16, 2004 at 9:47 AM Post #16 of 63
Myself, aka Me; for how much longer will you have the PPA? i'd love to see what it's like with my F1's, because both my friend and I are now in the market for an amp for them (we both bought the F1's from audiocubes). If it'll pair well with low-impedance cans such as the CD3000's then maybe it'll make my F1's sound even better...

My Digi96/8 PAD has arrived, so would anyone like to set a date for this?

May 2, 2004 at 9:42 PM Post #19 of 63
As I already said, I live in Wellington but flying up to Auckland for a meet wouldn't be a big deal. I'd probably get a hotel room so I could even host it
wink.gif

I'd be able to bring CD3K, Senn 280, AKG 271, Pimeta, PPA with AOS DAC (in a month or so), black gate modded Sonica. Damn, it sounds a lot for a 2-3 month old hobby when I list it like that!
wink.gif

I'd love to hear some HD650s... and it sounds like a few people own them in NZ.

May 2, 2004 at 10:56 PM Post #20 of 63
heh,

well im hopeless at planning things...so if someone organized out there.....

at the mo i got MS1s, a pimeta, and a pair of e3cs hopefully on the way. Also gotta marantz CD-48 CD player and a Denon DA-500 DAC i dont mind lugging around if we need a source.

not a bad collection considering i only started in february :p

May 4, 2004 at 5:39 AM Post #22 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by commando
Can anyone who'd be interested in an Auckland, New Zealand meeting in a weekend in July please post below. If there's enough interest i'll organise something.

I can only do the last weekend of july, as i am away on holiday ALL term break... (july 3 to july 18). But i'd be real keen...

May 4, 2004 at 10:00 PM Post #25 of 63
July or early August should be fine for me. Although it is a little too far away for me to be certain.

I just got my Total BitHead, albeit not without some snafu on HeadRoom's side. It sounds absolutely beautiful with PX200!
biggrin.gif

May 8, 2004 at 12:20 PM Post #28 of 63
End of july is my birthday. Should be sweet though. I have a new source: MZE10. It is made by elves under the Sony Ginza building in Japan. No other possible explanation.

My beyers are effectively gone. I can bring a META and whatever other headphone I have (if I have one. Probably going to buy when i'm overseas at the end of the year, who knows).

Jun 25, 2004 at 12:36 PM Post #29 of 63
Hi People,

As July approaches at a facinating speed, I thought it might be a good idea to revive this thread.

To the first Kiwis reading this thread, I have a gift for you. PM me and you'll get an invitation to gmail!
wink.gif

Jun 26, 2004 at 2:07 AM Post #30 of 63
Hehe good thing i'm subscribed and have no life, i think i get first reply :p
Don't worry about the gmailo invite though, i'm quite happy with my own mailserver
biggrin.gif

Has anyone got any good ideas on when they'd be free yet? I'm out of the country from the 3rd to the 18th of July but would be quite happy to do anything after that (in the weekends), not sure if i could host but i'll let you know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back