New York City Meetup? (Not including CanJam)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 22, 2023 at 12:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

mt-hifidelity

500+ Head-Fier
Hi Everyone,

Sorry if this has already been posted, but is there any meetup planned in the New York City / Manhattan area other than the yearly CanJam? I have been attending the CanJams regularly but unfortunately will miss it this year. It got me wondering if there are any other venues to get together and demo gear. And if there is not, maybe a few of us locals should setup one?

Thanks,
Mark

Feb 22, 2023 at 1:27 PM Post #2 of 9
@Audio46 has a big selection of headphones and iems to demo and they are located in Midtown Manhattan.

Feb 22, 2023 at 1:28 PM Post #3 of 9
Also B&H but their selection for demo is small.

Apr 11, 2023 at 11:51 AM Post #4 of 9
Few members of Super Audio friends meet up near Long Island City around Summer time. Not sure of the date for this year but will let you know once there is some more Info.

Apr 23, 2023 at 2:51 AM Post #5 of 9
Hi Everyone,

Sorry if this has already been posted, but is there any meetup planned in the New York City / Manhattan area other than the yearly CanJam? I have been attending the CanJams regularly but unfortunately will miss it this year. It got me wondering if there are any other venues to get together and demo gear. And if there is not, maybe a few of us locals should setup one?

Thanks,
Mark
Hey Mark, I’m on UWS, if You’re feeling like meet up I’m up for it!

Apr 23, 2023 at 7:15 AM Post #6 of 9
Apr 26, 2023 at 7:54 PM Post #8 of 9
Back in the day (2002-2012), when I was more active here on head fi, there was a real nice regionality to things. There was a number of active NYC head-fier's and we had various meets, whether regional in size or more mini-meets (just 3 or 5 of us getting together).

I can't say if this is the case now -- it doesn't seem so.

At the same time, being back in New York, at least for the time being, if people are interested in hearing any of the gear I have, I'm happy to open my doors or loan them out (as appropriate). I can't say I feel particularly inclined to host a mini-meet again or even really attend one, but if anyone's interested in anything in my gear list, just let me know. It's not quite as crazy as it once was, but I'd like to think there are still a few interesting things in the collection.

-Jason

Apr 27, 2023 at 2:17 AM Post #9 of 9
Guys! If there’s anyone in NYC willing to meet up for coffee, I have Anole V14 (QDC) and want to compare it with either odyssey or smth similar for my write up on them purpose.
Need between 30mins to 1hr. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back