New York City Head-Fiers... lend me your ears!
Jun 14, 2007 at 3:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Demonmnky

Head-Fier
Hi New Yorkers,

This pale Minnesotan will be exploring your great city while on his honeymoon and he needs some hi-fi stores to parouse! Any places with Beyers, Audio-Technicas and Headphone amps available for auditions would be great.

The Demonmnky thanks you in advance for your suggestions.

Jun 14, 2007 at 4:26 PM Post #2 of 6
I don't know about a large selectiong, especially for AT phones and amps, but there's plenty of stores that carry Grado. Some carry Sennheiser and AKG. I think B&H might bave Beyers. I'll let you know on Sunday when I go.

Jun 14, 2007 at 4:48 PM Post #3 of 6
As laxx said, there are many stores with Grado, Senns, AKG. B&H might have some other stuff. I do not think there are any local stores that carry AT headphones. Also, i am not sure you will find many amps, if any at all.

Jun 14, 2007 at 5:23 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSlacker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As laxx said, there are many stores with Grado, Senns, AKG. B&H might have some other stuff. I do not think there are any local stores that carry AT headphones. Also, i am not sure you will find many amps, if any at all.

Lyric Hi-Fi on the UES (Lex/83rd?) has some headphone amps, along with their Grados and Senns, on display. Harvey on 45th/5th has a Grado/Senn tree as well... but they're all plugged into the same source, with no switching capability.

my favorite hi-fi shop is In Living Stereo, down by Washington Square Park. that's where i bought my speakers about 6 months ago. no headphones, but great guys, great gear, nice ambience... definitely worth a trip.

Jun 18, 2007 at 2:27 PM Post #5 of 6
Thanks for the suggestions. I will put In Living Stereo on my itinerary. I thought that NYC would have a few specialty shops but apparently our interests are too niche for such a thing.

Jun 18, 2007 at 11:05 PM Post #6 of 6
You can probably check out J&R. They have quite a few headphones. It's a chain store, but I think it might be NYC only.. Not sure though.
Though, it's not only a hi-fi store. It sells a lot of stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back