NEW!!! YinLuMei W0 5" Windows 10 Player
Dec 21, 2021 at 11:13 AM Post #16 of 30
Oh man!!! Thanks so much, but I'm a 66 year old jazz musician and speaker designer!I see this stuff and my head swims!I assume you're not in the States?I would happily pay you to help me to get this working. The screen says this---(see pics)Your instructions sound great--but they see beyond me. I sent a long email to Yinlumei and after a week, they said "I don't know how to teach you to change language" I told them that I DID change the language and installed the English language pack, but many things remain in Chinese.Their responses seem to indicate that no one has a rudamentory grasp of the English language. Also--since all of the minimal instructions are in Chinese, I have no idea of how to change filters and other things. I'm figuring that I need to pay someone to install Windows.Since I don't have the activation key--and YinLuMei apparently won't send one. I asked about how to activate Windows--and showed these pics---no reply. I'd be happy to pay soneone to help! Right now I have a very expensive paperweight.
W 0.jpg

Attachments

• w0.jpg
    w0.jpg
    915.5 KB · Views: 0
Dec 21, 2021 at 4:12 PM Post #17 of 30
Should I consider HQPlayer? It looks like it has some sort of parametric---that's all I'm looking for. The VST program FabFilter is a game changer for me, but I'd consider another parametric eq that does the same thing. I'm only taking advantage of about 25% of what FabFilter does. All I want the W0 to do is high quality streaming with parametric EQ

Dec 24, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #18 of 30
Oh man!!! Thanks so much, but I'm a 66 year old jazz musician and speaker designer!I see this stuff and my head swims!I assume you're not in the States?I would happily pay you to help me to get this working. The screen says this---(see pics)Your instructions sound great--but they see beyond me. I sent a long email to Yinlumei and after a week, they said "I don't know how to teach you to change language" I told them that I DID change the language and installed the English language pack, but many things remain in Chinese.Their responses seem to indicate that no one has a rudamentory grasp of the English language. Also--since all of the minimal instructions are in Chinese, I have no idea of how to change filters and other things. I'm figuring that I need to pay someone to install Windows.Since I don't have the activation key--and YinLuMei apparently won't send one. I asked about how to activate Windows--and showed these pics---no reply. I'd be happy to pay soneone to help! Right now I have a very expensive paperweight.
mikejazz, just to be sure, this device has internet access, right? Because it seems the key although partially hidden, is already known by the device?

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2021 at 11:34 AM Post #20 of 30
Any time I've bought a computer with windows installed, they always give a product key on a card or something so that if you had to reinstall windows you could. But no key anywhere. I again looked through the box and the was no document with a product key. I emailed Yinlumei about this 5 days ago and they haven't responded

Dec 25, 2021 at 11:46 AM Post #21 of 30
My laptop has a win10 key stored in it's uefi bios, does not come with a key anymore, a key on the casing or with a cd/dvd with the version, yes. But manufacturers installing win10 enterprise ltsc often think differently and bind it to their specific hardware.
Several ways to retrieve it though, find your enterprise key

Jan 1, 2022 at 3:38 PM Post #22 of 30
It turns out that I already have the product key. After spending $17.95 for PassFab--turns out that it's already there!!!If you can see in the pic--the key is there. It's just that it has this message "We can't activate Windows as we can't connect to your organization"s server. Make sure you're connected to your organization's network and try again.If you continue having problems with activation,contact your organization's support person. Error code 0xC00F074"
when I pressed "troubleshoot" Any ideas? YinLuMei no loger answers my email. ( (I've been respectful but expressed my frustration--nothing angry or confrontational)

Attachments

• W 0.jpg
    W 0.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Jan 1, 2022 at 8:39 PM Post #23 of 30
That's what I said, the key is already known by the device itself. It needs to connect to a server to activate, probably the manufacturers server from where they've loaded a licensed windows version on the player. Google the error code, several things to try.

Jan 4, 2022 at 9:43 AM Post #24 of 30
Ok--talked to a computer tech. He said that there's not a big disadvantage to not having Windows activated--everything should still work fine.
So---I have Audirvana downloaded, but the Microsoft App Installer will not install. I click on the button that says "get" and nothing happens. Tried on Google. Downloaded Firefox--still nothing. Could it be that the W0 doesn't meet system requirements?
Is there another way of opening and installing Audirvana?

Mar 31, 2022 at 10:41 AM Post #26 of 30
Haven't posted about this in a while.I haven't used the W0 in months due to the frustration factor.
image.png
I got the Empire Ears Evo some months back. A transformative experience. Best can I've ever used. For poops and grins I decided to try it with the W0. Tried it with a bunch of other very high end stuff. Just playing Tidal through it (still haven't got Audirvana working) it's by far the BEST headphone listening experience I've ever had. And I have great ears and am very picky. I'm an imaging guy. I like to be able to pick an individual instrument or vocal out. I like thigs very 3d. Just my preference. I'm hearing MANY things that I've never heard before. Some Dac/amps (like the Hugo) give tons of information and cues. But they don't seem to integrate as a whole. Kindof like "here's the good and the bad news--the good news is that it has great detail--the bad news is that it has great detail". It's like looking at a seurat painting (pointilism--lots of small dots that integrate as a whole when viewed) With the Hugo--it's like you can see all the dots, but you're too close for them to integrate as a whole. With the W0, you can stand back and hear and experience the whole, or step in a bit to see the details. I wrote a mini-review of the Ibasso 220 MAX some years ago and made the same comparison with the Hugo. The W0 wipes the floor with the MAX. It's that good. And with just Tidal.
As far as Yin Lu Mei---oy vay. A near useless PITA. It turns out that to install Audirvana I need the App Installer from the Microsoft Store. It's not part of the package on this operating system. To get The Microsoft store I have activate the developer mode the developer mode as part of the process. But the developer mode will not activate because Windows is not activated. I'll post Yin Lu Mei's instructions below.Turns out that to activate Windows I need Windows Script Host. Apparently my computer does not have Windows Script Host. Fortunately I have a friend who reads Mandarin and is a computer geek. He translated the directions. I have successfuly done the first part, but not the second. I looked on the web as how to activate Windows Script Host. After following the directions to the place where it should be--it's not there.
So---if you're willing to deal with non-existent customer support and not-the-best slow screen---I highly reccomend the W0.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2022 at 10:21 AM Post #27 of 30
Ok---FINALLY have Audirvana installed
It's much better than with Tidal. I'm an eq guy. There is not a piece of equipment that could not benefit from a high quality eq. Which is why I wanted to use Audirvana. I use Fabfilter's Pro Eq 3. Used in major recording studios. Headphones benefit most from eq. I'm a speaker designer as well as a bassist. I design very expensive, high qualiy stuff. Even my best speakers benefit from eq. My latest design for home hifi (haven't decided on a price yet--definitely above $10k) is triamplified with full DSP. Thanks to Crinnacle and the eq guys. I went with their reccommended eq for the Evo. With Audirvana---absolutely astounding. The clearest image articulation I've ever heard. Didn't realize the subtle graininess from Tidal. With Audirvana---tons of detail--no grain. Tested it with Peter Gabriel's Red Rain. So dynamic and dense (and loud) that it can be tough to listen to at realistic levels with almost all gear. It kindof overloads everything sonically. But I know the engineer and know that he would not release anything that wasn't prstine and grain-free. With the Evo and the W0 with Audirvana---dense, loud-- but effortless and not fatiguing.
Yin Lu Mei is definitelt a PITA, but if you're willing to deal with the downsides, this stuff is state of the art.It's a company of insanely good engineers with fantastic ears. I've found that in any audio design, the biggest thing is knowing your goalposts.The first Yin Lu Mei product I got was their dual 4499 m400. It was routinely dismissed as "too warm and without detail". Without eq that may be true. But in taming the low and and bringing up the highs---fantastic sound. I got the dongle dac/amp the S3. I had just bought the Lotoo Paw S2. Very highly regarded---and with good reason. Not even in the ballpark as compared to the S3. Yin Lu Mei upped their game with their recent stuff. Not warm and a bit rolled off like the M400. Very even and detailed. Not like most of the Sabre 9038 stuff. To me--the 9038 stuff is annoyingly over detailed. I much prefer the AK stuff. I Know that Yin is making 9038-based gear due to the AKM shortage. Haven't heard any of it, but from what I know---I prefer the AKM chips.
If you can deal with the annoying peculiarites of dealing with YLM ( unless you're a fluent in Mandarin) the W0 is an incredible best buy.

Jan 31, 2023 at 7:47 PM Post #29 of 30
Ok---FINALLY have Audirvana installed
It's much better than with Tidal. I'm an eq guy. There is not a piece of equipment that could not benefit from a high quality eq. Which is why I wanted to use Audirvana. I use Fabfilter's Pro Eq 3. Used in major recording studios. Headphones benefit most from eq. I'm a speaker designer as well as a bassist. I design very expensive, high qualiy stuff. Even my best speakers benefit from eq. My latest design for home hifi (haven't decided on a price yet--definitely above $10k) is triamplified with full DSP. Thanks to Crinnacle and the eq guys. I went with their reccommended eq for the Evo. With Audirvana---absolutely astounding. The clearest image articulation I've ever heard. Didn't realize the subtle graininess from Tidal. With Audirvana---tons of detail--no grain. Tested it with Peter Gabriel's Red Rain. So dynamic and dense (and loud) that it can be tough to listen to at realistic levels with almost all gear. It kindof overloads everything sonically. But I know the engineer and know that he would not release anything that wasn't prstine and grain-free. With the Evo and the W0 with Audirvana---dense, loud-- but effortless and not fatiguing.
Yin Lu Mei is definitelt a PITA, but if you're willing to deal with the downsides, this stuff is state of the art.It's a company of insanely good engineers with fantastic ears. I've found that in any audio design, the biggest thing is knowing your goalposts.The first Yin Lu Mei product I got was their dual 4499 m400. It was routinely dismissed as "too warm and without detail". Without eq that may be true. But in taming the low and and bringing up the highs---fantastic sound. I got the dongle dac/amp the S3. I had just bought the Lotoo Paw S2. Very highly regarded---and with good reason. Not even in the ballpark as compared to the S3. Yin Lu Mei upped their game with their recent stuff. Not warm and a bit rolled off like the M400. Very even and detailed. Not like most of the Sabre 9038 stuff. To me--the 9038 stuff is annoyingly over detailed. I much prefer the AK stuff. I Know that Yin is making 9038-based gear due to the AKM shortage. Haven't heard any of it, but from what I know---I prefer the AKM chips.
If you can deal with the annoying peculiarites of dealing with YLM ( unless you're a fluent in Mandarin) the W0 is an incredible best buy.
Is any of their devices warmer than a tube? W0 or any other devices?

Also have you heard w1 or w1s?

Dec 18, 2023 at 7:39 PM Post #30 of 30
Chinese brand Yinlumei have the best feature packed daps hands down, they use windows and have the biggest hd screen, 2-4 micro sd slots just need alot more new daps with 3.5mm 2.5mm from the great Yinlumei. seems like its where hiby got the r5 gen2 design from :slight_smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back