New Yes tour info
Apr 16, 2004 at 11:21 PM Post #2 of 12
I am thinking about catching the show at the Office Depot Center which is about 10 minutes from my house. I saw yes back in the late 70's at least a couple of times. One show they did on a round stage at Madison Square Garden. Who is playing keyboards for the tour?

Apr 16, 2004 at 11:32 PM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by tyrion
I am thinking about catching the show at the Office Depot Center which is about 10 minutes from my house. I saw yes back in the late 70's at least a couple of times. One show they did on a round stage at Madison Square Garden. Who is playing keyboards for the tour?

Here's the 'classic' line-up:

Jon Anderson
Chris Squire
Steve Howe
Alan White
Rick Wakeman- he's back!

Same line-up you saw in the late 70's 'in the round'. No opening act. Good setlist this time. Here's what they played last night in Seattle:

Firebird Suite
Going for the One
Sweet Dreams
I've Seen All Good People
Mind Drive - First 3/4 of the song
South Side of the Sky
Turn of the Century
Footprints ("My Eyes" section)
Mind Drive - last 1/4 of the song
Yours is No Disgrace

Wakeman Solo (acoustic)
The Meeting (acoustic)
Long Distance Runaround (acoustic)
Wonderous Stories (acoustic)
Time is Time (acoustic)
Nine Voices (acoustic)
Roundabout (acoustic)
Show Me (acoustic)
Howe solo
Rhythm of Love
And You and I
Ritual

Every Little Thing
Soon

I can't wait to see them in Tampa.

Apr 16, 2004 at 11:44 PM Post #4 of 12
I have not thought about yes in years. They used to be one of my favorites way back along with ELP. We used to argue who was better Wakeman or Emerson. I guess I need to check out ticket availability. I need to pick Clapton tickets anyway. I need to pick up a couple of Yes CDs or see if Rhapsody carries it. Thanks for the blast from the past.

Apr 17, 2004 at 12:12 AM Post #6 of 12
I caught the last tour in San Jose. I don't really care for the large venues but last year they played one of the local colleges and it was a great show.

Apr 19, 2004 at 12:27 AM Post #7 of 12
I've got 16th row floor seats for Madison Square Garden in May-- this will be my 18th Yesshow; the first was Topographic Oceans tour in 1974.
600smile.gif

Apr 19, 2004 at 12:37 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by dave-the-rave
I've got 16th row floor seats for Madison Square Garden in May-- this will be my 18th Yesshow; the first was Topographic Oceans tour in 1974.
600smile.gif

Should be a great show. So far the reviews have been good. Apparently the band is playing tighter than they have on previous tours, and Howe's guitar 'tone' has improved (it's sounded too thin in the past few years).

Apr 19, 2004 at 1:12 AM Post #9 of 12
I am going to work on tickets for the Office Depot Center 4/30 tomorrow. My secretary and her husband have connections, so hopefully, I will get decent seats. I have not been to MSG for a concert in a long time. I can't count the number of concerts I saw there while in high school and college. We used to sneak in using ticket stubs with $5 bills under them.

Apr 19, 2004 at 4:25 AM Post #10 of 12
The closest I've got to a live Yes concert is my concert DVD "Keys to Ascension" played in 1996 I believe and they were very precise musically and vocally after all these years! That was 8 years ago. Any signs of degragation in their live performances yet? I doubt it.
eggosmile.gif

Apr 19, 2004 at 4:37 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by goldenear
The closest I've got to a live Yes concert is my concert DVD "Keys to Ascension" played in 1996 I believe and they were very precise musically and vocally after all these years! That was 8 years ago. Any signs of degragation in their live performances yet? I doubt it.
eggosmile.gif

Reviews I've read so far is that the band is playing much better now then they have in years (including the "Keys" shows), which is amazing considering that Yes never rehearse that much before a tour begins (and they've only played 2 shows so far).

Also, you should pick up the Yes Symphonic DVD that came out a couple of years ago if you like the "Keys" video.

Apr 21, 2004 at 1:48 PM Post #12 of 12
I am awaiting my club level seats to the Office Depot Center that I was able to get for 2 for $55. It's nice to have a secretary with connections. Looking forward to show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back