Dick Clark: 14
Dick Clark: 12
Dick Clark: 10
Dick Clark: 11
Dick Clark: 9
Dick Clark: 8
Dick Clark: 7
etc.

When I heard it I had them rewind it to make sure we heard him correctly. I respect that he had a stoke, but is he really fully functional enough to still be on TV?

Found a link to the story here

Jan 4, 2010 at 6:29 PM Post #2 of 8
Yeah, he's frightening now. I did even realize he was hosting as a I briefly tuned in. Then I heard this voice like Frankensteins monster droning 10, 9, 8... I don't know why they keep him. All I need is something ADDITIONALLY depressing on New Years Eve. He must have some kind of contract!

Jan 4, 2010 at 6:57 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by chadbang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He must have some kind of contract!

no contract, dude. he owns the show. Dick can do whatever he wants.

Jan 4, 2010 at 6:59 PM Post #4 of 8
I watched a couple broadcasts and several of them had an error like that, where the announcer/band/etc. was counting down but it was a different number on the TV display.

I think it's great that he can speak as well as he does after having a big stroke.

Jan 5, 2010 at 12:57 AM Post #6 of 8
SAD!.......I know he had a stroke, I know he owns the "Rights" to the SHOW, but come on, I said a prayer for him and let's hope this will be his last show.....This just goes to show you how far "Corporate Greed" will go! That network knows many people will tune-in for the eve show because it's still called Dick Clarks whatever!!!SAD! My son and I turned the channel........Peace D.C.

Jan 5, 2010 at 1:46 AM Post #7 of 8
Always go by the numbers on the countdown or clock, and not what the announcer says.

Jan 5, 2010 at 5:19 PM Post #8 of 8
I've been known to skip 12 when I count backwards, so I can't really fault Mr. Clark on this...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back