New Xin Amps available
Dec 19, 2005 at 10:57 PM Post #151 of 157
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalcat
What's the difference between 3 and III besides the gain change? I guess my second supermini is going to be a supermini III.

The name changes really got me confused.

Compared to Mini-3, MINI-III has new caps for power bypassing and a different gain switch. It's said Macro-III and Micro-III have these these changes as well. From your descrition, I may bet you have the III.

Dec 19, 2005 at 11:02 PM Post #152 of 157
Quote:

Originally Posted by episiarch
If anyone has a chance to compare the Mini-III with the old SuperDual, I'd be very interested.

I haven't listened to superdual but the new supermini-3 is a lot better than the original supermini V6.

Dec 19, 2005 at 11:08 PM Post #153 of 157
Quote:

Originally Posted by goto2003
Compared to Mini-3, MINI-III has new caps for power bypassing and a different gain switch. It's said Macro-III and Micro-III have these these changes as well. From your descrition, I may bet you have the III.

The one I have now is a 3. I bought it from another headfi member( Thank you Se! ) , and he got it at the end of October, which is before the change was made. I ordered another one from Xin in the middle of November, and that one is going to be a III, I think.

Dec 19, 2005 at 11:40 PM Post #154 of 157
Quote:

The one I have now is a 3. I bought it from another headfi member( Thank you Se! ) , and he got it at the end of October, which is before the change was made. I ordered another one from Xin in the middle of November, and that one is going to be a III, I think.

I'm sure you're exactly right. I have a -3 that I received in October and, like you, am waiting for the arrival of the III. I also have a -6a and I agree, the -3 is considerably better.

By any standard, these are superb little amps.

Dec 20, 2005 at 12:42 AM Post #155 of 157
You are very welcome, digitalcat. I am glady you are enjoying the best (ultra) portable amp (period). Xin told me to send it in for free upgrades (for input & output position change and volume knob) after I got back from my long business trip. I decided not to upgrade since it sounded good without the upgrades. Matter of fact, I did not even know about version III upgrades since today.

I do wish Xin would settle on one version rather than creat multiple sub-versions. For me, I am getting into more desktop amps with DAC and full size cans.

Quote:

Dec 20, 2005 at 7:05 AM Post #156 of 157
Well, actually, the changes are good, as he's consistently developing it. Hopefully early next year, he'll have enough time to put up details of the changes, what to do for an upgrade, etc..

The new caps and such would be cool, but I'm thinking about sending it in just for the I/O swap and gain changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back