new westone customs?
Jan 15, 2009 at 1:29 AM Post #4 of 28
I think this is thier version of the ue-10. They are described as "the ES3X delivers incredibly smooth response without accentuating any particular band of frequencies.". To me that means it is flat and accurate. Pretty much like the ue-10

Jan 15, 2009 at 9:07 AM Post #6 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not a custom version of the W3 at all. Different driver configuration and cross over points.

Is the ES3X stage custom that upgrade ES3 custom? I think It isnt personal listener
frown.gif

Jan 15, 2009 at 12:41 PM Post #7 of 28
Quote:

Not a custom version of the W3 at all. Different driver configuration and cross over points.

in your opinion is the new configuration an advancement or a sidestep?? because these are lookin appealing indeed.

Jan 15, 2009 at 3:10 PM Post #8 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Turko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the ES3X stage custom that upgrade ES3 custom? I think It isnt personal listener
frown.gif

It's for both. It's the first custom we've done aimed at both pro and personal listening.

Jan 15, 2009 at 3:11 PM Post #9 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
in your opinion is the new configuration an advancement or a sidestep?? because these are lookin appealing indeed.

Not an advancement since we did not use anything from the current ES3. The ES3X is new drivers and new crossover configuration. It's just the next thing from Westone I guess is a way to say it.

Jan 15, 2009 at 6:52 PM Post #10 of 28
Quote:

Not an advancement since we did not use anything from the current ES3. The ES3X is new drivers and new crossover configuration. It's just the next thing from Westone I guess is a way to say it.

I'd love to know how it stacks up against the other custom heavy hitters out there (Ue10pro, UE5c, Sensaphonics 2XS, even the ES2, and of course the might UE11). The problem of course is that it would take somebody owning all those...who would be crazy enough to own all of those...oh yeah...me.

Jan 15, 2009 at 9:32 PM Post #14 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by tarjan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so what is the msrp? What materials can it be made from?

MSRP is $850.00

They are made the same way the other ones are. 2-part shell. Canal is a body-heat activated vinyl (gets softer as you wear them). The main body is acrylic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back