New Westone ADV IN STOCK NOW! Adventure Series in Magnesium uni-body!
Jun 3, 2013 at 10:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Flavio T

Member of the Trade: EarphoneSolutions.com
Jun 4, 2013 at 8:31 AM Post #4 of 20
Do you happen to know what the length of the cable is and if there is a chin slider? Also retail price per Westone's site is $199 not $249.

Jun 4, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #5 of 20
Is the free 2 day open to european (uk) customers?  Also how likely is it to be hit by taxes?

Cheers

Jun 5, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #6 of 20
Flavio,

I had been a repeat customer of yours but I echo the comments above that the retail price is NOT $249, but $199. Not only did you misrepresent a discount here but you also did it in an email to me (I am on your earphone solutions email list). Once is a mistake, twice is intentional.

I find misrepresenting a discount based on a higher-than-MSRP price to be very deceitful and I have called up Westone and told them about this and am buying these earphones from one of your competitors who is offering the same price as you with free shipping but is not claiming to be selling these earphones at at 20% discount.

TP

Jun 6, 2013 at 8:37 AM Post #7 of 20
Quote:
Flavio,

I had been a repeat customer of yours but I echo the comments above that the retail price is NOT $249, but $199. Not only did you misrepresent a discount here but you also did it in an email to me (I am on your earphone solutions email list). Once is a mistake, twice is intentional.

I find misrepresenting a discount based on a higher-than-MSRP price to be very deceitful and I have called up Westone and told them about this and am buying these earphones from one of your competitors who is offering the same price as you with free shipping but is not claiming to be selling these earphones at at 20% discount.

TP

These are some pretty serious accusations which I do NOT take lightly. You are basically calling me a dishonest person.

All the times you thought we stated a wrong MSRP you were wrong.

Instead of come to Head-fi and slander my company, on that same call you mde to Westone, you should have asked for someone that knows what they are talking about such as the CEO Lynn Keller or Julie Kelly or John Lowrey and ask them what is the MSRP for the ADV.

Before publishing the product page and information I called Westone, spoke with the people that would know the answer to my question and the answer is the MSRP of the ADV IS $249.99

Earphone Solutions NEVER jacks up MSRPs! NEVER! A little research or quick phone call would have avoided this misrepresentation of our practices and my character.

Westone ADV Aventure Series

MSRP  $249.99
SALE PRICE $199.99

What the competitors do is none of my business. It's their business. My business is to do my best for my customers, to provide accurate information, to conduct an honest, ethical business since 1995.

Jun 6, 2013 at 9:10 AM Post #9 of 20
Hi Everyone,

Let me clarify. Please do not blame Flavio for the MSRP. He is accurate in his statement.

On our price sheet, we do list the Adventure Alpha with an MSRP of $249.99. I have always included MSRP pricing as part of my offering to retailer/etailers.  Flavio and his site provide a great outlet for those of us that love headphones and the pleasure they deliver to us everyday.

Once again if you have questions or concerns, please contact me directly. johnl at westone.com

Thank you,

John Lowrey
VP Audio Division
Westone

Jun 6, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #11 of 20
I just ordered a pair :)

Hope to have a review up soon. There is something about magnesium that I just cannot resist...

Jun 6, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #12 of 20
Hi Everyone,

Let me clarify. Please do not blame Flavio for the MSRP. He is accurate in his statement.

On our price sheet, we do list the Adventure Alpha with an MSRP of $249.99. I have always included MSRP pricing as part of my offering to retailer/etailers.  Flavio and his site provide a great outlet for those of us that love headphones and the pleasure they deliver to us everyday.

Once again if you have questions or concerns, please contact me directly. johnl at westone.com

Thank you,

John Lowrey
VP Audio Division
Westone

I appreciate your response however I spoke with ms Kelly months back and she confirmed they would be at the 199 price point and your website also confirms this. Also, to flavio, I am not unused to conflict, and I have had my fair set with you. I created my account yesterday but I have also read and followed headfi and spent 6,000$ on audio equipment in that year. I decided it was finally time to join in the community and share my experiences.. Wether they be good or bad. They aRe honest.

Jun 8, 2013 at 4:32 AM Post #14 of 20
I'm not gonna take anyone's side here. I'm just gonna say based on what i've seen.
Indeed the price on the catalogue is now $249.99 but even on westone's own online shop it is listed as $199.99. Therefore this does lead to what can be interpreted as earphonesolutions being misleading, trying to sell something at a discounted price when it's actually the normal retail price.
I don't know who is at fault here and by no means do i want the earphone's price to be jacked up by $50 just because of this. However in this situation, it shows how unprofessional both westone and earphonesolutions are to have such price mismatches. 

Also, for earphonesolutions, you might want to remove items which are not on sale on your sale page. some items have the same sale price as retail price there. ie. list price = 499, sale price = 499. I don't know what you're trying to do but this is  a bit dodgy IMO.

Jun 9, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #15 of 20
I understand the confusion. But every time we listed the MSRP for Westone products we were correct. The information came from Westone's official price list.

As for W4R, the MSRP price is higher than $499. Because Westone's website wasn't showing the MSRP on their website, we changed the MSRP to match the sale price so people wouldn't think we were "inventing" that number. Today I have moved the price field so it doesn't display "Sale Price" anymore until Westone updates the MSRP on their site.

We were never unprofessional about it.

Now that John Lowrey is the VP of the Audio Division and seeing that he promptly had Westone's website updated for the ADV, I am confident Westone will update the rest of their pages on their website so that their MSRP is shown. The MSRP that Earphone Solutions uses are the ones printed on Westone's oficial dealer price list.

http://westone.com/music/index.php/products/universal-fit/adventure-series.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back