New Version of Skullcandy Aviator?
Mar 7, 2012 at 12:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Extra

100+ Head-Fier
Hey everyone, I recently read that there is a new version of the Skullcandy Aviator that comes in a white, cardboard box instead of the clear plastic one. Apparently they have a detachable cable, and is available at Best Buy for the Brown and Gold colored version.

Anyone have any concrete info on this? If the cable is really now detachable, that would address the main complaint (durability of the cable) on them.

May 28, 2012 at 10:55 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
Hey everyone, I recently read that there is a new version of the Skullcandy Aviator that comes in a white, cardboard box instead of the clear plastic one. Apparently they have a detachable cable, and is available at Best Buy for the Brown and Gold colored version.

Anyone have any concrete info on this? If the cable is really now detachable, that would address the main complaint (durability of the cable) on them.

you are correct, the new version comes in a nice box with detachable cable.

Jul 8, 2013 at 11:56 PM Post #4 of 5
i have the new version, i had the old version a few years back. going by memory here, the new version has much brighter highs and mids, very much improved sound, competing with my senn momentum for fave portable headphone

Jul 9, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #5 of 5
I was at a Target a few weeks ago and while my wife was off somewhere, I was at the headphone aisle and demo'd all the full size cans. First I tried the Beats - well, because I am a masochist... They sounded muffled and veiled and lousy - ugh - just bass - no dynamics whatsoever. Then there were some Sony's - they sounded better but didn't impress. Then there were 2 pairs of Skullcandy - one was pretty Beat-esque... but then there were the Aviators. They actually had mids and highs - they sounded pretty good. Not worth the $149 (I think) but in a pinch, I could see buying them like-new for the prices I've seen them go for >$100. I have to admit, they performed admirably - and graded on a curve? Superior!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back