New version of darkvoice 337se
Jul 23, 2009 at 12:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

alvin sawdust

1000+ Head-Fier
A couple of weeks back i purchased a Darkvoice 337se off Boyier,dv's retailing arm.The amp arrived damaged mainly due to the tube cage working loose in transit and other scuffs and paintwork blemishes.After several emails to boyier they have asked me to return the damaged unit and have told me they are sending me the new version which to my eyes looks mighty fine.
As you can see from the pics the casework is black brushed aluminium with brushed alli cheeks.More importantly it looks like they have made changes to the insides and there is no pre out.

Jul 23, 2009 at 3:44 PM Post #2 of 13
Looks like a beautiful amp and it's good to hear a happy ending
wink_face.gif

Hopefully you'll have it soon!

Jul 23, 2009 at 3:57 PM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by thathertz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like a beautiful amp and it's good to hear a happy ending
wink_face.gif

Hopefully you'll have it soon!

Thanks.I'm not holding my breath about the arrival time but we shall see.
Hoping to write a review and maybe some comparisons with the amp which i had for a couple of weeks.

Jul 23, 2009 at 5:59 PM Post #5 of 13
Darkvoice needs to wise up and just BLOW OFF the tube cage. My 337 also had some scuffs from the tube cage being loose, and I know this was true for others as well. The tube cage is ugly anyway - who would want to cover up those beautiful tubes?

Jul 23, 2009 at 8:27 PM Post #7 of 13
The new 337SE looks downright provocative! : ) Is there any information at the DV site attesting to "internal" changes in the new version?

If I hadn't just sunk a grand into my Bada PH-12 in mods and then lost my job, I'd consider a second go-around with the 337SE--LOL. : )

Truth be told, I don't think the 6SJ7 will ever hold a candle to the 6SN7, though. (I'm thoroughly enjoying the Fitz-Maxxed Bada PH-12 ULTRA, BTW, even though the VH capacitors aren't fully broken in yet.)

Jul 24, 2009 at 6:04 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by pataburd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The new 337SE looks downright provocative! : ) Is there any information at the DV site attesting to "internal" changes in the new version?

If I hadn't just sunk a grand into my Bada PH-12 in mods and then lost my job, I'd consider a second go-around with the 337SE--LOL. : )

Truth be told, I don't think the 6SJ7 will ever hold a candle to the 6SN7, though. (I'm thoroughly enjoying the Fitz-Maxxed Bada PH-12 ULTRA, BTW, even though the VH capacitors aren't fully broken in yet.)

Sorry to hear about the job situation Pataburd.
She is a lovely looking machine.After the disappointment of a damaged amp i'm quite excited about receiving the new version.I cant find anything about the internal changes,maybe the more tech minded of our bretheren or even Darkvoice themselves might be able to shed some light on this?
The driver tubes are EF80 on the 337se not 6SJ7,not that i think there is much difference.

Jul 24, 2009 at 12:29 PM Post #10 of 13
The EF80/6BX6 has the same operating properties as the 6SJ7, but in a 9-pin tube. As such the pin-out is of course different, but they are both sharp-cutoff pentode tubes that in the 337/337SE are being "strapped triode".

Jul 24, 2009 at 12:48 PM Post #12 of 13
Yes, I did cover up the scars with the wood strips
wink.gif
I had a friend make them for me.

Jul 24, 2009 at 1:28 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvoice2003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We also have 336classic

we hope everyone test it

1.jpg

Hey Darkvoice,seeing as you are posting on here,i would just like to say that if you are shipping your products around the world and you would like them to arrive in the same beautiful condition that they are in your pics,then please pay some attention to the packaging.The box that my 337se arrived in was the worst i have ever seen and the foam protection was minimum.
This quite obviously is the main problem,as many head-fiers have reported damage in numerous threads.This issue i feel lets down your great amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back