New User, Needs Recommendations
Dec 28, 2005 at 10:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Novacane

Head-Fier
Hi, im new to this board. I've come here to get some advice on which headphones to get. First of all, I wanna say that I am pretty much clueless on all the technical terms and stuff (im a noob). But, I do get very picky and I do want great quality sound. Currently, I use senn px 100s mainly for portable use with my mp3 player (iaudio X5 30GB), but now I want better headphones for use at home. I mostly (or maybe ONLY) listen to old punk (a lot of obscure stuff and unknowns, also stuff like: http://www.uk82.com/). As you might know, these stuff usually have pretty bad mastering. When I listen to music on my computer, my equalizer settings resembles a V-shape, so I like having the extremeties high and the mids pretty low (stuff sounds horrible with the mids raised). Right now, I dont have much money to spend so i want headphones that are less than $300 (less than $200 would be even better
tongue.gif
). Also, I probably will not be getting amps until later, so I want headphones that can perform great without em. Thanks in advance.

Dec 28, 2005 at 11:59 PM Post #2 of 4
Lets make this short and sweet:
1)Welcome to Head-Fi, sorry about your wallet.
2)Grado sr-225's, HANDS DOWN. ($200)
3)32 ohms-no amp needed.
Killer cans with legendary status...dont bother looking any further.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back