New USB-DAC! Silverstone Ensemble EB01!
Nov 9, 2005 at 5:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 119

DukeTogo

Head-Fier
Ok, so if you know *anything* about PC cases or accessories, you've heard of SilverStone (http://www.silverstonetek.com). If not... well here's your introduction... they rock.

I was just surfing their site for the millionth time and stumbled over some blurb about a new USB-DAC they are potentially going to release.

http://www.silverstonetek.com/2005wpc%20show.htm
(scroll down near the bottom...)

"World debut of Ensemble EB01, a premium USB
digital to analog converter for enhancing stereo
sound"

Check out how the size compares to their SG01 case in this pic:
http://arena.nikkeibp.co.jp/expo/new...14056/04.shtml
(as a point of reference, compare to the DVD drive the case below...)

You heard it here first!

DukeTogo

Nov 9, 2005 at 5:08 AM Post #2 of 119
Looks nice! Hope it sounds good!
cool.gif

Feb 5, 2006 at 11:20 PM Post #6 of 119
I'm getting the EB01 for review very soon. Hopefully in a week. Watch out...

Feb 6, 2006 at 1:02 AM Post #8 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by miziq
I'm getting the EB01 for review very soon. Hopefully in a week. Watch out...

Post impressions once you get it, I'm curious to know how this sounds. It certainly looks nice - I like the understated no-frills design.

Feb 7, 2006 at 8:54 PM Post #9 of 119
For this price, would it be considered and audiophile-grade DAC? My current source is the audio out jack of my computer and I would really like a DAC to go with my Micro Amp but I have little money to spend right now. Do you think this DAC can compete with the Micro DAC or the Audiophile USB?

Feb 7, 2006 at 9:38 PM Post #10 of 119
I don't know jet what parts they are using. But i got contaced by head office from China and ask them for technical info.

Feb 7, 2006 at 9:39 PM Post #11 of 119
I'll let you know guys as soon as it arrive.

Design shure look sweet.

Feb 7, 2006 at 11:18 PM Post #12 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by miziq
I'll let you know guys as soon as it arrive.

Design shure look sweet.

You know we are going to demand you take it apart so we can see inside
biggrin.gif

Feb 8, 2006 at 12:38 AM Post #13 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by hyamaiata
For this price, would it be considered and audiophile-grade DAC? My current source is the audio out jack of my computer and I would really like a DAC to go with my Micro Amp but I have little money to spend right now. Do you think this DAC can compete with the Micro DAC or the Audiophile USB?

The fact that it's cheap doesn't neccessarily make it non-audiophile, but better parts generally have higher prices, so more often then not there is a correlation.

I would be inclined to say maybe on-par with the Audiophile, but probobly not with the Micro DAC - of course that's purely speculation, and I can't give a real opinion until I actually hear it.

Feb 8, 2006 at 1:08 AM Post #14 of 119
If it beats out the chaintech AV710 I definately will get one to go with my T-Amp/Polk speakers. I doubt it will be anywhere near as good as the more commonly used DAC's around here, but who knows. Might be some modding potential as well.
wink.gif

Feb 8, 2006 at 1:20 AM Post #15 of 119
Wow this looks pretty cool! So i'm not quite sure how these USB dacs work though....will I get the same sound quality from a normal sound card like av710? Can i use a soundblaster for gaming and this for headphones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back