New UM2 vs. Used UM2
Mar 4, 2008 at 1:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

tldoxmf87

100+ Head-Fier
I bought a used UM2 from one of the head-fiers.
I was really expecting some AMAZING sound since it was my first high-end IEMs. My first impression wasn't that good. The thought of something in my ear was kind of uncomfortable and it felt so... closed? But I heard it takes time to get used to these IEMs.
But after a while I was annoyed by the highs that hurt my ears and the sound wasn't all that CLEAN.
The whirly cable started to detach so I decided to sell it on craigslist and get myself a new pair.
After a week long wait I received my new UM2 blacks today.
When I heard them again... WOW! It was so different??!!
The highs that cracked and hurt my ears were no longer there and it was very clear and clean. Everything was more cleaner than before and I loveeeeee it! I can't describe the difference that well sorry.
So I guess there are a lot of difference between used ones and new ones.. Or maybe the one I bought was fake?? (the cable for the used one had a clear tube that holds the two cable together but my new black UM2 has a black plastic thing that seems more expensive)
Anyways I wanted to let you guys know if you bought a used pair of these and was not happy then try the new pair!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back