New Tube Source:
Nov 1, 2002 at 8:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

millerdog

1000+ Head-Fier
Braillediver.
I was hesitant to post this, but I gotta share. I just got a Tele 12AX7 smoothplate from him that he said was NOS.
Freakin-A!
The box has the original plastic wrapping on it! It's been opened only to be tested I think. Still had the skinny red band used to open the plastic attached! If that ain't NOS, I don't know what is.
In opposition to that ebay thread I thought I'd share. He's got some really nice tubes. His packing is excellent. Just hope you guys don't jump on em until I can save more money!
Mitch, save those other Tele smoothplates for me!!!!
md

Nov 1, 2002 at 5:23 PM Post #2 of 4
Not only have I met him, but I know where he's getting his tubes - a huge collection in the back of a local shop, owned by a brilliant tube amp designer (who has unfortunately suffered a stroke a few months ago) who has decided to sell off the tubes. I shall have to check the collection out...

He comes highly recommended, needless to say. I have no trouble believing that the tubes are NOS, and in original wrapping.

Nov 1, 2002 at 8:03 PM Post #3 of 4
Where is braillediver selling these tubes? Here, on Ebay, at Audiogon? I'm interested and I promise to leave some for you
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back