New Tube Being Manufactured!
Sep 9, 2008 at 2:51 AM Post #2 of 34
Yes but the specs aren't the same nor are the materials. They may use the name but even the tooling was sold to Japan back in the seventies. We can hope though.

Sep 9, 2008 at 3:33 AM Post #3 of 34
Too bad there not bring the originals back into production, maybe the new ones will be good...

Sep 9, 2008 at 2:18 PM Post #8 of 34
If they are affordable, I will buy some too for sure. It is great to see this.

Also, so far most of the "re-issue" tubes have not been true clones. So I am glad these tubes are not "re-issues", but new tubes made in the UK. This is very promising. There is at least the chance of getting something truly special!

Sep 10, 2008 at 2:40 AM Post #10 of 34
Yes, it is so very fine that tubes are coming back. Like vinyl is also making a comeback. There have actually been some new LP stores opening. Ah, back to the past. :^)

Sep 10, 2008 at 2:45 AM Post #11 of 34
Maybe Mullard will remember they made the greatest el34 ever... <sigh>

Sep 10, 2008 at 4:21 AM Post #12 of 34
But John, it's not back to the past -it's to the future. The new vinyl players are nothing like the players of the 50's and 60's.The new breed of players are truley amazing. The new breed of caps are vastly improved. The new vinyl is manufactured better. Let us hope we finally get some twenty first century technology put in our tubes. I can't wait for these tubes to get into your hands and our other tube experts to improve our music listening.
I think I am calling London tomorrow-sometimes E-mail doesn't cut it.

Sep 10, 2008 at 4:34 AM Post #13 of 34
I hope it "sounds" good to me. :^) Yeah, it is all pretty darn exciting.

I would love to have vinyl again but no room for a good setup and none for the records. I love tubes and still buy them even though much of my equipment is in storage.

Sep 10, 2008 at 1:14 PM Post #14 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by David Pritchard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But John, it's not back to the past -it's to the future. The new vinyl players are nothing like the players of the 50's and 60's.The new breed of players are truley amazing. The new breed of caps are vastly improved. The new vinyl is manufactured better. Let us hope we finally get some twenty first century technology put in our tubes. I can't wait for these tubes to get into your hands and our other tube experts to improve our music listening.

I totally agree with this with regard to Vinyl. The new turntables and cartridges FAR outperform the ones from the past. New records are also better.

But will this ever be true for tubes? So far, it has not been the case. Can it be? We shall see...

Sep 10, 2008 at 2:13 PM Post #15 of 34
We all know why the best tubes are NOS one, don't we? In the past, Cold War period, where a lot of tubes been military used, when the money were not a problem, but in general also, radio stations, radios&TV's what ever, but what's up with it now, tell me please. All been increased in to the chips and putted in the case called PC...all that digital bull ****...To use the best material, especially this days, when everything become just to expensive, is this the way to go? I don't know guys, maybe they can produce them from some new age material from Mars or Moon, we need to wait and see what happened, I guess...
Just one thing want to say, when I see all that wine called MODERN PRODUCTION WINE, I do not get any feelings to buy one, cos its hardly or at all can be called WINE anyway. Every time I tried one, do not do anymore, its ended up in a toilet, so no more hope for that one...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back