new tube amp kit ?
Apr 30, 2002 at 1:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

rickcr42

Are YOU talkin' to me?
nothing turned up on a search so maybe this is new info.
A tube amp kit that will drive high or low inpedence cans , $275.00 kit price , available in May

ear4frontsmall.jpg

ear4sideviewsmall.jpg

Quote:

A versatile headphone amplifier and line preamp in one chassis.

and schematics available for DIYers !
biggrin.gif

http://hollowstate.netfirms.com/ear4schematic.pdf

pretty cool

http://hollowstate.netfirms.com/

Rick

Apr 30, 2002 at 2:28 AM Post #3 of 6
shoulda known it would be on your hit list
biggrin.gif

BUT DIDJA SEE THE PROTOTYPE ?

headphoneampopensmall.jpg

headphoneampclosedsmall.jpg
cadburymkIItopsmall.jpg

Just maybuild it for the "cool" factor , probably sounds better in purple anyhow
tongue.gif

Me being a smartass
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Apr 30, 2002 at 2:40 AM Post #5 of 6
**** , should have read the upper link
rolleyes.gif

.............anyway,seems like you will be the first around here to get to listen to it soooo............
I await the results before i build.The Cadbury enclosure is still too coool though.

And I don't know how this **** happened but lately there is not a whole lot of transistor gear in my main rig.Started out with a Dyna PAS , some tube rolling (NOS JAN blackplates in the RIAA , RCA 5751 in the line section , psu update , cap update , etc)
So either my Szekeres is going Hybrid or i need something that glows AND drives Grados.
Seems like I was down this road way back...

Apr 30, 2002 at 4:33 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by rickcr42

BUT DIDJA SEE THE PROTOTYPE ?

The last three models on the prototype page show "sold" so maybe if you act fast you can buy one of the two Cadbury prototypes. Or both.

Does anyone know circuit topologies well enough to go out on a limb and predict how this amp might stack up against a MG Head which sells at roughly the same price point? I'm hoping it really performs so I can solder and roll some more.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back