NEW: Tralucent Audio Plus5 BA IEM
Apr 7, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #436 of 1,275

Look at these beautiful "drugs", wish i could grab one of them on my hands now.
biggrin.gif

Apr 7, 2016 at 7:54 PM Post #437 of 1,275
Look at these beautiful "drugs", wish i could grab one of them on my hands now. :D

Indeed, Heavenmore! If I find myself in your little island, I'll definitely give you a holler! :)

Apr 7, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #439 of 1,275
which island is smaller than the one you are currently in?

Hahah! The one which Sir Francis Light founded. The first footfall of the British in the Malayan Peninsula. :)

Apr 7, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #440 of 1,275

I've actually posted this photo on the 1Plus2 thread as well. For comparison, here's the original 1Plus2 at the bottom (with the original Uber cable) and the 1Plus2.2 (with the latest iteration of the Uber Too cable). :yum:

You will notice that size wise, the 1Plus2.2 is more compact. As someone noted, it's closer to the size of the Plus5. And of course, the finishing and polish of the latest iteration of the Tralucent IEM housing is lovely. :)

Apr 7, 2016 at 8:31 PM Post #441 of 1,275
They look very well done, great finish.
I am happy for you :)
How do they both pair with the Tera Kiats opposite the previous 1plus2?

MusicDay, I thought of you and I actually made a special effort to hunt down my Tera Player. Hazards of too many gear lying around the house... :yum:

Anyway, I'm listening to the 2.2 off the Tera Player right now. For my initial impressions of the 2.2, please see the 1Plus2 thread. I posted them last night. What I will say, in the context of the Tera Player, is that it remains an excellent match with the Tera Player. The difference with the 1Plus2 in one sentence: more extended but smooth trebles, tighter bass with shorter decay, more involved mids and sweet vocals. :)

Apr 7, 2016 at 9:59 PM Post #442 of 1,275
Musicday, if you may recall, af your request, post #21 of this reread addressed the Tera Player: http://www.head-fi.org/t/798088/new-tralucent-audio-plus5-ba-iem/15.

I am, as I type this, listening to the production Plus5 on the Tera Player. I think you can safely take what I said previously on the prototype to still apply to the production units. :)

Apr 8, 2016 at 12:47 AM Post #444 of 1,275
Apr 8, 2016 at 12:52 AM Post #445 of 1,275
Running the Lotoo Paw5000 with the Plus5. Usually with the ACS Encore, I run the 5K at 22 at Low gain. With the Plus5 I prefer it on high gain and I'm running it at 18.

For those of you who have heard the LPG's little sibling will know that, at its price point, you cannot expect it to have the same driving power and SQ. The 5K has the same stellar battery life. And a warmer sonic signature.

I think it's actually very pleasant with the Plus5. The warmer & more organic signature of the Paw5K shines through on the transparent Plus5. :)

Apr 8, 2016 at 5:33 AM Post #446 of 1,275
Musicday, if you may recall, af your request, post #21 of this reread addressed the Tera Player: http://www.head-fi.org/t/798088/new-tralucent-audio-plus5-ba-iem/15.

I am, as I type this, listening to the production Plus5 on the Tera Player. I think you can safely take what I said previously on the prototype to still apply to the production units. :)

Thank you Kiats and i appreciate your effort for the testing.
Sounds like Plus5 is the best for the Tera player,the only player i am really interested in.

Apr 8, 2016 at 5:54 AM Post #447 of 1,275
Sounds like Plus5 is the best for the Tera player,the only player i am really interested in.

I recall you were intrigued by the LPG too. I use that as my default DAP most times. Good synergy too. :)

Apr 8, 2016 at 8:52 AM Post #448 of 1,275

@Kiats
I'm also only interested in Tera and would love to hear comparison of how 1p2.2, Plus5,Ref1 too pair up with Tera (which would you pick if you could only have one of them).
I currently have original 1plus2 and Ref 1 and love both of them so am wandering what would be the most worthwhile upgrade.

Apr 8, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #449 of 1,275
@Kiats
I'm also only interested in Tera and would love to hear comparison of how 1p2.2, Plus5,Ref1 too pair up with Tera (which would you pick if you could only have one of them).
I currently have original 1plus2 and Ref 1 and love both of them so am wandering what would be the most worthwhile upgrade.

Actually, how the Tralucent IEMs compare inter se very much holds true when paired with the Tera Player. So, for the Ref1 Too has deep and textured soundstage and slower bass decay, the 1Plus2.2 has more body in its soundstage now and more obvious (than the Ref1) smooth trebles extension and quicker bass decay. The Plus5 is tighter in its sig than the preceding IEMs and consequently has great separation and is very detailed. So, it's really your preference for the sonic signature of your IEM that will drive your choice at the end of the day. I am glad I don't have to choose because I do enjoy all of them. And what I listen to at any point in time depends on my mood at that point.

One thing to note, however, is that while I can listen to the Plus5 when I just plug them into the Tera Player, for the Ref1 Too and the 1Plus2.2, I have increase the volume by pressing the up button for volume twice. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back