New toys arrived today
Dec 9, 2006 at 4:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

TVaudio

100+ Head-Fier
I had purchased a set of Grado SR-225's and some Super.Fi 5 Pro's and they both arrived at the same time today. I am overwhelmed! Honestly I haven't gotten to the Super.Fi's yet. I can't seem to take off these 225's. They are everything I had hoped they would be. I am using them with a ZMP 8G and a GoVibe V5.
Very happy camper.

Dec 9, 2006 at 4:28 AM Post #2 of 12
Congrats.
smily_headphones1.gif
Seems like everyone has been very impressed with the SR225s. I should get a pair once funds starts flowing in...

Anyway, enjoy your new toys and tell us how they sound. =)

Dec 9, 2006 at 4:30 AM Post #3 of 12
And so it begins....

Now you know why we say...

Sorry about your wallet!
rs1smile.gif

Dec 9, 2006 at 5:03 AM Post #4 of 12
I've kinda been out of home audio for a while. Once I had kids and the busy lives that go with that, I never had time to sit down and listen. Now they own the basement so I can't use my setup even if I wanted to.
So I bought a Zen Micro a few years ago and found my new private passion.
I had a few headphones through the years (original Koss Pro4AAA's, Fostex T-10's which I still have, various AKG's and Senn's).
I live on my ZMP now. I have a large portion of my collection on it and hit random and smile. Makes the long bus ride to work bearable.
But it is very addicting.

Dec 9, 2006 at 11:10 AM Post #5 of 12
I know what you mean about the kids! That's exactly WHY I'm now enjoying phones. They've pretty well taken over the main sound system, plus, if they're asleep, then I have to be quiet and can't listen anyway!!

This is actually my first venture into headphones, and yes, it sure can become addictive!!

....real fast!
tongue.gif

Dec 9, 2006 at 5:30 PM Post #6 of 12
I'm glad I decided to spend the extra and get the 225's. The SR-60's I auditioned were great, but as soon as I put on the SR-225's, I knew they were the ones.
I can't stop smiling. It's freaking my family out. The kids keep asking my wife "Whats wrong with Dad?"

Dec 9, 2006 at 5:58 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by TVaudio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm glad I decided to spend the extra and get the 225's. The SR-60's I auditioned were great, but as soon as I put on the SR-225's, I knew they were the ones.
I can't stop smiling. It's freaking my family out. The kids keep asking my wife "Whats wrong with Dad?"

Again; I know what you mean!!

I do the smiling routine also, but it's even more fun with the kids around if you put on something like "Carpenters" and have to reach for the tissues!!
blink.gif

Smiling AND crying really gets them confused!!
icon10.gif

Dec 9, 2006 at 7:24 PM Post #9 of 12
I'm having a little trouble with finding a comfortable fit with my Super.fis.
They sound great, but so far I am finding them uncomfortable. Now I only can compare them to my EP-630's for in ear stuff, but my 630's I found extremely comfortable. Going to have to play around some more with these.

Dec 9, 2006 at 8:14 PM Post #10 of 12
Glad you're enjoying the 225! Welcome to the ever-expanding club of diehards. It really does seem to be the sweet-spot in the Grado line... at least before the big bucks come out.

Dec 9, 2006 at 8:51 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by TVaudio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm having a little trouble with finding a comfortable fit with my Super.fis.
They sound great, but so far I am finding them uncomfortable. Now I only can compare them to my EP-630's for in ear stuff, but my 630's I found extremely comfortable. Going to have to play around some more with these.

I have super.fi 3s and they were a little uncomfortable at first, but they're fine once you get used to them. Foamies are more comfy and give better sound, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back