New Toy! Consonance Cyber 30!
Jan 14, 2006 at 7:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

gundam91

500+ Head-Fier
Santa delivered my Christmas Gift three weeks late! But better late than never. The amp spent the last two months crossing the pacific ocean on some freight ocean liner. I wasn't expecting it to arrive for another month or so. But I was plesantly surprised to find a box at my doorsteps when I got home this afternoon.

I immediately unpacked it and snapped a few pictures. But I had to wait until late in the night to finally get a chance to turn it on and give it a listen. These came with an Electro Harmonix 12AX7 and a pair of Electro Harmonix Gold 2A3 tubes. Well, the initial impression is
600smile.gif

cyber30a3of.jpg
cyber30b3js.jpg

These are SET amps that puts out 2.3W and can drive high efficient speakers as well. There are two sets of inputs and three sets of output jacks. (Which two sets you use depends on the speaker impedance.) I believe the retail price is US$1200.

More info to come after I get a chance to get some other tubes to set up for a full review and also compare it with the rest of the resident amp heavyweights, including Cyber 30's little brother, the Cyber 20. (The Cyber 30 is almost 4x the size of the Cyber 20)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back