New topics?
Mar 28, 2007 at 12:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mastercheif

100+ Head-Fier
Is it just me, or is the Headphone fourm becoming really cloged up with new Head-Fiers asking for IEMs? I think it would be a good idea to split split the Headphone fourm into two catigories, Portables and Non-Portables. The Headphone fourm is just too busy now to be able to view a lot of the threads. If I wan't to read up about Home headphones, I have to go through 3 pages of IEMs to find a few threads about home phones.

Mar 28, 2007 at 1:36 AM Post #2 of 4
i0t's been suggested before, so has splitting the forum into high end/low end and into requests&advice / discussion.

Each type of split has its own problems regarding what belongs where and would mean an increased workload for the moderators.

But yes, traffic is very high in the headphones forum with all of those sorts of threads at the minute. Mainly because newcomers sign up, ask and then never come back, but never bother to check the search or the "recommendations for headphones" sticky at the top of the page. A draconian idea would be to close down all such noob 1-off advice threads and redirect the poster to the giant recommendations thread.

Mar 28, 2007 at 1:39 AM Post #3 of 4
This is probably an entirely unimplementable idea, but what about automatically flagging all threads started by members with less than, say, 5-10 posts and giving members the option to view all other threads? Though, this could actually decrease the helpfulness head-fi is known for and make it harder for new members to get into the groove, so to speak.

Mar 28, 2007 at 2:02 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

what about automatically flagging all threads started by members with less than, say, 5-10 posts and giving members the option to view all other threads?

Not all people with low post counts are newbies, there many experienced folks with great equipment who just don't post.

Quote:

Is it just me, or is the Headphone fourm becoming really cloged up with new Head-Fiers asking for IEMs?

I've been here for years, doesn't seem very new to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back