New to this, how would I hook up my PC to an amp?
Jun 21, 2009 at 8:09 PM Post #3 of 8
Something like this I suspect. 3.5mm to RCA cable

SS-6FT-1F2RCA.jpg

Jun 21, 2009 at 8:57 PM Post #4 of 8
if your motherboard and amp has digital out, coaxial or optical, I'd recommend doing that because old Creative soundblaster live 24-bit isn't a very good DAC, I am sure any external amp can do a better job then that.

coaxial or optical bypass the processing to your amp.

Jun 21, 2009 at 9:56 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by lxxl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if your motherboard and amp has digital out, coaxial or optical, I'd recommend doing that because old Creative soundblaster live 24-bit isn't a very good DAC, I am sure any external amp can do a better job then that.

coaxial or optical bypass the processing to your amp.

Since the OP clearly stated that he cannot afford a DAC, having a digital out on his soundcard/motherboard will not help. Faced with the same problem, I purchased this cable myself. male RCA-> male mini cables are a nice and cheap solution.

Jun 21, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #7 of 8
Just a suggestion, he might have an old AV Receiver that have digital in... it's good to have other options rather then old creative sound card; I used to have them and they aren't very exciting for their listeners.

Jun 22, 2009 at 2:05 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teraflame /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The minimax only has RCA inputs so if I were to use digital out, I'd have to get a dedicated DAC anyway right?

Correct! So I do not get the reply from 'lxxl' as you clearly stated -> "Can't afford to get a DAC at the moment"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back