new to the site, any help?
Dec 24, 2012 at 1:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

marshallsmith

New Head-Fier
etysmile.gif
haha yeah, so I decided to start listening with my dads yamaha hd-1 and instead of listening on just my receiver (pretty much just limited to my vinyls and my apple tv thats ran through optical audio) but I'm desperately looking for a portable amplifier to take with me, for my iPhone and others. The problem is that all the portable amplifiers (that I've found) are 3.5mm and obviously the headphones are 6.35mm. I don't want to modify the headphones, I like the sound from them, thats the reason I want to go mobile 
dt880smile.png
, and I'm trying to stay away from any adapters, thats just another variable in sound loss, and it would make the jack extremely long.

Dec 24, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
etysmile.gif
haha yeah, so I decided to start listening with my dads yamaha hd-1 and instead of listening on just my receiver (pretty much just limited to my vinyls and my apple tv thats ran through optical audio) but I'm desperately looking for a portable amplifier to take with me, for my iPhone and others. The problem is that all the portable amplifiers (that I've found) are 3.5mm and obviously the headphones are 6.35mm. I don't want to modify the headphones, I like the sound from them, thats the reason I want to go mobile 
dt880smile.png
, and I'm trying to stay away from any adapters, thats just another variable in sound loss, and it would make the jack extremely long.

Make a DIY cmoy amp and then solder in the 6.3mm jack instead of the 3.5mm one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back