New To The Forum, Looking to Mod Sr225i
Jun 22, 2011 at 4:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3
Hey guys,

Just got my account after hearing of all the wonderful people here and I was curious if anyone could help me with some mods I'm hoping to do for my SR225i's. I already sliced up some bowls and did a sock mod. I found the bass to be tight (as expected from any Grados), but I simply wanted a greater amount. So I at first tried a sock mod using free temporary socks from the suit store, but those were too compressing on the pads (which were still original bowls back then). So I sliced up my bowls for greater bass quantity and threw in the thicker cotton socks to smooth out the bass (since the transducers were so much closer to my head that they were getting muddy down low). Very pleased, to say the least. Increased bass impact, with no loss of tone or clarity. Plus, they're damn comfy!

In any case, I'm considering a couple of mods:
Jmoney wood enclosures (Cherry or Walnut, suggestions)?
Jmoney lambskin headband (Brown, but does it really matter?)

I just wanted to know if anyone on the forum has experience with these particular mods, specifically the wood enclosures. I love the creamy sound on my dad's RS2i's, but I'm in college, and he works systems security...so I'll be saving up till my b-day in September, assuming that these mods can reduce sibilance up high and retain the amount of bass while enhancing warmth and staging. So that's what I'm asking you guys for.

Thanks in advance for all your help. I only hear good things about head-fi folks :)

All the Best,

Kojaku

P.S. Find below a picture of my cans with the sliced-bowl/sock pad mod. Just for all you curious folks out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back