New to the community and the world of headphones
Sep 9, 2011 at 5:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Atlasblade

New Head-Fier
Hello there, I'm new to Headfi 
normal_smile .gif

The story behind my headphone experience is that I've been using nothing but clip-ons and earbuds for the past years I've been alive

My first pair of earphones were these but red:

These eventually got messed up so I used a blue color version that was convienently. After a week, the wire got messed up and uneven.

Eventually, I got an ipod nano 8gb during the summer when I was in middle school, which was about 4 years ago, and with it came the apple earbuds that i used for about a year before I gave them to a former friend of mine because I couldn't stand using them at all. They hurt my ears a lot after extended use. So I stopped using them. 

Later on in about 10th grade I bought these at radioshack for $6 bucks:

Quite frankly these served me pretty well until recently. The left side stopped working one day  after 3 years of having the thing; so I looked on headfi to decide what to do next about my headphone dilemma. 

When I was working this summer, I decided to buy these from amazon with my paycheck:

These were discounted at $143.00. So far I'm really happy with them. 
beyersmile.png

Haha was that too long of a story? 

Sep 9, 2011 at 5:10 AM Post #2 of 4
At least you got a good can

Now to upgrade your:
Entire music collection
Source
Portable Source
Amp
DAC
Portable Amp
Portable DAC
Cables
Headphone
Speakers

Oh, welcome to HeadFi. Sorry about your wallet.

Sep 9, 2011 at 5:50 AM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
At least you got a good can

Now to upgrade your:
Entire music collection
Source
Portable Source
Amp
DAC
Portable Amp
Portable DAC
Cables
Headphone
Speakers

Oh, welcome to HeadFi. Sorry about your wallet. 

Haha thanks. Now my wallet will try to bite my hand now when I try to buy another pair of headphones. Well, I do sort of need an upgrade of my Ipod Nano that I've had for about 5 years. The music quality in terms of sound on my ipod doesn't do my 50s any justice. I can actually hear how bad the sound quality is on some of my songs. Planning to re-download some songs again for it. 

Sep 9, 2011 at 4:16 PM Post #4 of 4
Also I decided to buy a month worth or ramen packets so I can lower my expenses.  At this rate, I'll be spending less than $100 a year due to this stuff. At the most, $85 assuming the supermarket doesn't overcharge and keeping out other things out of the equation like secondary foods like cereal. Haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back