New to the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x
Jun 7, 2016 at 2:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Digeeedad

100+ Head-Fier
I've had my Audio-Technica ATH-M50x headphones for a few days now, also owning the Sony MDR-7506s and the KRK KNS-8400s. So far I'm very satisfied with the ATH-M50xs, currently preferring them to the others for listening enjoyment. Love the bass, especially as compared to the KRKs which are lacking in this area for casual listening. I will probably get the Brainwavz Hybrid Memory Foam Earpads, as the M50xs tend to get a bit warm and sweaty. I'm a bit concerned about the apparent diminishing of bass response with the Brainwavzs but will probably try them for enhanced wearing comfort and evaluation. Before I purchase them, I have a question to other M50/M50x owners... when wearing them, I notice that the headband covering gets quite "crinkled" but goes back to flat and unwrinkled when removing them from my head. My questions, is this normal? and Over time does the crinkling/wrinkling crack the headband cover? Not a huge deal but a concern. Thanks

Jun 10, 2016 at 12:48 AM Post #2 of 3
That is normal for the headband.  Nothing to worry about.  The only precaution to take with M50x and any others with pleather coverings and ear pads is to wipe off your corrosive skin oils when you are done using the headphone.  Paper towel, your shirt, a random cloth, just about anything will do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back