New to headphones and the forum, looking for headphones to go with the Creative SXFI amp
Apr 30, 2019 at 12:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Drog

Head-Fier
Like I said in the title, I am new to this forum and headphones in general (at least, getting serious about them). A couple of weeks ago I caught a bug and ordered a refurbished Turtle Beach Elite 800 for gaming. I know these aren't great but they do what I need them to do and they are more fun then I thought they would be. I'm also starting to enjoy movies with them and I've found that to be a pretty cool experience so I'm looking more seriously at headphones and have ordered a Creative SXFI headphone dac/amp. I need a decent set of headphones under $300 to go with it.

These headphones will be used mostly for gaming (Nintendo Switch and PC) and movies, but I would like to use them to listen to music on occasion as well. So with that in mind, I would appreciate some suggestions.

Apr 30, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #2 of 9
Like I said in the title, I am new to this forum and headphones in general (at least, getting serious about them). A couple of weeks ago I caught a bug and ordered a refurbished Turtle Beach Elite 800 for gaming. I know these aren't great but they do what I need them to do and they are more fun then I thought they would be. I'm also starting to enjoy movies with them and I've found that to be a pretty cool experience so I'm looking more seriously at headphones and have ordered a Creative SXFI headphone dac/amp. I need a decent set of headphones under $300 to go with it.

These headphones will be used mostly for gaming (Nintendo Switch and PC) and movies, but I would like to use them to listen to music on occasion as well. So with that in mind, I would appreciate some suggestions.

HiFiMan HE400S

Apr 30, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #3 of 9
Apr 30, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #4 of 9
I think I am leaning towards better imaging and sound stage over noise isolation so open is fine, but i certainly would not mind noise isolation. Maybe I need two sets.....

Apr 30, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #5 of 9
I think I am leaning towards better imaging and sound stage over noise isolation so open is fine, but i certainly would not mind noise isolation. Maybe I need two sets.....
Unless you have a noticeable noise issue, I suggest going with open headphones.

Apr 30, 2019 at 6:21 PM Post #7 of 9
I do at times, but there are many times when noise will not be an issue where I would want the most mind blowing experience.
Well if you are looking for mind blowing for $300 you are most likely going to be disappointed. Not that there are not many good headphones at that price but putting a bar that high is just not too realistic.

Apr 30, 2019 at 9:05 PM Post #8 of 9
I own both the HP200 and HP151 :)

Apr 30, 2019 at 9:24 PM Post #9 of 9
I do at times, but there are many times when noise will not be an issue where I would want the most mind blowing experience.
Get the (open) Soundmagic HP200 headphones first, see if there is still a noise issue, then buy some closed headphones for those times you need to block outside noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back