New to Head-Fi
Aug 2, 2020 at 1:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

keeplookingup

New Head-Fier
Hi all,
New to Head-Fi and to just to introduce myself. Audiophile since the early 70's. I was an audio engineer in the 70's working for a touring sound company based in Austin Texas. My job was the stage monitor mixer. This is way before IEM's, the old box on the floor.I have just now started into the world of IEM's. I have a very high end stereo system for my house and have now have been moving into the portable systems. I welcome any and all advice from this forum.
Doug

Aug 2, 2020 at 1:52 PM Post #2 of 5
Welcome! Lets gather some info about when and where you'll be listening, what you current gear is, and what your sound preferences are so we can give you better advice.

Aug 3, 2020 at 6:54 PM Post #3 of 5
Hi DenverW,
Thanks for the reply. My current head-fi gear is JH Lolas, JH Bluetooth, and I am using my phone to stream my music. I listen to the Lolas when I am mowing the golf course fairways for about 5-6 hours per day. At my house I have an all tube stereo system that streams files over Sonus to a Cary slp-98 into a Conrad-Johnson MV60SE amplifier. I sometimes use the Sonus at home but usually prefer to listen to my vinyl collection.

Aug 3, 2020 at 8:35 PM Post #4 of 5
Hi DenverW,
Thanks for the reply. My current head-fi gear is JH Lolas, JH Bluetooth, and I am using my phone to stream my music. I listen to the Lolas when I am mowing the golf course fairways for about 5-6 hours per day. At my house I have an all tube stereo system that streams files over Sonus to a Cary slp-98 into a Conrad-Johnson MV60SE amplifier. I sometimes use the Sonus at home but usually prefer to listen to my vinyl collection.
Welcome. Me I enjoyed the Layla’s a bit more but the Lola’s were nice and was deciding between them and went for the Empire Ears Phantoms instead . We used to build golf courses and spent 15 years as a shaper but mostly in KY,OH and ILL .

Aug 5, 2020 at 5:00 PM Post #5 of 5
Wow,
Another golf course person. Didn't really expect any. I love working at the golf course. Out in nature, all by myself, and enjoying my tunes. I have seen bobcats, snakes, deer, dessert bighorns, rabbits, chipmunks, and countless lizards etc. I got into this after a full career in the office and have never looked back. Love the Lola's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back