New to Head-Fi
Mar 23, 2017 at 8:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

keeferdog

New Head-Fier
I'm new to the site and I've enjoyed reading the reviews and member comments.

I currently own a pair of Oppo PM-3's and the Oppo HA2-SE. To be honest, I'm not crazy about the cans but they do hit the mark for portability, comfort and good sound isolation, both in/out. I've flown many miles with them and they do work well in that setting. I just wish, when at home, listening, I feel they're very inadequate. Incredibly polite is how I would describe them.

I'm looking to step- up my game with the head-fi community help.

Mar 23, 2017 at 8:30 PM Post #2 of 3
I'm new to the site and I've enjoyed reading the reviews and member comments.

I currently own a pair of Oppo PM-3's and the Oppo HA2-SE. To be honest, I'm not crazy about the cans but they do hit the mark for portability, comfort and good sound isolation, both in/out. I've flown many miles with them and they do work well in that setting. I just wish, when at home, listening, I feel they're very inadequate. Incredibly polite is how I would describe them.

I'm looking to step- up my game with the head-fi community help.

Welcome, @keeferdog! Sorry about your PM-3's. Let us know if we can help you find another more suitable pair.   ---)

Mar 23, 2017 at 9:11 PM Post #3 of 3
Appreciate it! There are so many different directions a person can go in this hobby. It can be a bit of a maze to navigate. I'm sure ts like anything else, it comes down to, how much money do you have to spend. Upgrade itis can kill a guy.
I'm into tube amps (guitar player) so I'd like to find a nice amp/headphone setup. Maybe 1k on phones, 1k on an amp. I've been reading/watching vids on Woo Audio amps and too many headphone builders to mention. From Audeze to Sennheiser. I'd like to find a great imaging/soundstage with good tonal balance throughput the frequency response.

Any suggestions/recommendations are sure welcomed!!! Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back