New to Head-Fi
Aug 9, 2013 at 9:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

DaisXiled

New Head-Fier
Hello All,

I'm new to Head-Fi, but an absolute lover of music.  Back in December I got my first amp and headphone (Audio Technica ATH-M50 and the FiiO E-11).  Since then I've decided to add to my growing collection by purchasing AKG Q701 (birthday gift from the wife), JDS Labs C421 (with AD8620) and a HiFiMan Ef2a for my laptop.  I continue to enjoy what I hear and I'm always open/interested in new headphones/amps/dacs.  I would ask if anyone can recommend me a good portable DAC that I can put in between either the E-11 and my iPod or the C421 and my iPod.  Thank you for the help :)

Aug 12, 2013 at 11:05 AM Post #2 of 12
Quote:
Hello All,

I'm new to Head-Fi, but an absolute lover of music.  Back in December I got my first amp and headphone (Audio Technica ATH-M50 and the FiiO E-11).  Since then I've decided to add to my growing collection by purchasing AKG Q701 (birthday gift from the wife), JDS Labs C421 (with AD8620) and a HiFiMan Ef2a for my laptop.  I continue to enjoy what I hear and I'm always open/interested in new headphones/amps/dacs.  I would ask if anyone can recommend me a good portable DAC that I can put in between either the E-11 and my iPod or the C421 and my iPod.  Thank you for the help :)

Hmm. Most DAC officially compatible with ipods costs over $300. Is that fine?

Aug 12, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #3 of 12
Aug 12, 2013 at 11:16 AM Post #4 of 12
Aug 12, 2013 at 11:26 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:
I'll pass. International orders are pain to deal with.

It's a lot simplier than you might think.  I just made a profile, put in the order, then VC just email me the EMS tracking and that's it.

FYI: I original got the bundle for the one of the cables, so if the OP or anyone else is interested on getting a new DDS1 cheap, then please let me know.

Aug 12, 2013 at 11:31 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:
It's a lot simplier than you might think.  I just made a profile, put in the order, then VC just email me the EMS tracking and that's it.

FYI: I original got the bundle for the one of the cables, so if the OP or anyone else is interested on getting a new DDS1 cheap, then please let me know.

IDK. It's just a hassle to try to sell the amp back too. How much profit will I gain from doing this in the first place?

Aug 12, 2013 at 11:34 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:
IDK. It's just a hassle to try to sell the amp back too. How much profit will I gain from doing this in the first place?

The DDS1 alone is $495 new from VC.

Aug 12, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #11 of 12
DrSheep,

Thank you for the recommendation! Btol, I would prefer to stay away from an amp/dac combo.  It's just that I already have two amps and enjoy both of them, don't really see the point in buying a third amp...that is of course unless it is better than either of the two amps I have, and comes with a quality dac to improve my sound :)

Aug 12, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #12 of 12
The DDS1 is DAC only, no AMP, and you can easily change it's line amp to a OP627, OP275, Muses01 or 02.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back