New to Head-Fi looking for advice about replacing the Logitech UE 900
Jul 17, 2013 at 9:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Dneale

New Head-Fier
I bought the UE 900s a couple months ago, and everything I have read about them pretty much sums them up:  AMAZING sound but they are riddled with connection, and QC issues.  I have a new set coming from logitech after complaining about my first set cutting in and out, and getting static at low volume.   This would happen intermittently with BOTH sets of cables, and BOTH channels, through multiple audio sources. 

Ive tried DeOxit to no avail, but was considering using a toothbrush to help polish off any factory-applied coatings that might be causing the issue.   

Half of me REALLY wants to keep these, The other half thinks maybe I should sell/trade them for something else!

Any suggestions Head-Fi??
[size=small]Heir Audio 4.Ai Universal In-Ear Monitor[/size]

Jul 18, 2013 at 4:24 AM Post #2 of 8
man... I've been wanting to try the UE900s. On paper they look awesome.... (FQ Response charts.. etc..)
It's too bad you're having issues with them =/.
I've not a huge amount of experience of IEMs... so not really sure what to suggest. I'm currently using the Hifiman RE-400 for my portables. I'm pretty happy with them. They have a very nice, slightly warm sound signature.

Perhaps you can give those a try... and sell off the UE900s and pocket the extra cash you would get as the difference.

The Hifiman RE-600 would be more in the same price league as the UE900. But I've yet to see many reviews on them.

Jul 18, 2013 at 6:18 AM Post #3 of 8
Just the usual suspects: Weston 4/4R, Shure SE535LE, Heir 4.Ai, and of course the new HiFiMAN RE-600.  Maybe I am not using my UE900 enough, but I got mine earily and it wasfrom one of thise bad batches, yet I never have any problems with it.

Jul 18, 2013 at 6:20 AM Post #4 of 8
Your new pair still does? Or like what to do with your boroken pair?

If you don't have a good pair keep bugging UE or get your money back, if you wound up with 2 pair id sell the broken one's to someone that might wanna tear them apart and fix them or something?

Jul 18, 2013 at 4:14 PM Post #5 of 8
I have sent back the old broken pair and have received a brand new pair in box unopened.  Im wondering if I should just sell the brand new pair and use the money for a new set, or give them another go and hope that these dont have the same issues....

Jul 18, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #6 of 8
I really really like the look and specs on the Heir A.4s.  but I cant find where to buy any unis as of yet.  Ive checked amazon/ ebay etc...   On their site they are listed at 400.  Which Im not sure I can even get that for the UE 900s, based on their bad reputation...

Jul 18, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:
I have sent back the old broken pair and have received a brand new pair in box unopened.  Im wondering if I should just sell the brand new pair and use the money for a new set, or give them another go and hope that these dont have the same issues....

IMO if you liked them I would keep them, it only happened once, I wouldn't worry about getting a different brand until your on your 3rd or 4th set lol.

I got SE535's for x-mas and the bass driver's in the right piece have failed so all stuff has problem sometimes.

Jul 21, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #8 of 8
Well guys, I decided to stick with the UE 900s.  Upon unboxing I saw that they are a different serial number than my last set (1237) and I tried them out.  Of course the sound is still stunning, but as I was wearing them with the cable going down my back,  the right channel was crackling and wanting to cut out yet again.   Serious design flaw IMO.  Im going to try brushing the connections with a soft toothbrush and see If that helps to remove any factory applied coatings that may be causing the issue.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back