New to Head-Fi - Little Intro and a quick question !
Aug 15, 2013 at 1:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

JIMINITRO

New Head-Fier
Hey Everyone, 

I just joined earlier in the week and wanted to say hi. I'm a young family man from Canada. Though I am new to Head -fi forums and real head fi equipment I would still consider myself an audiophile on a budget. 

Over the years my headphones have included 

Sony MDR's 
Stanton Dj Pro 3000
Stanton Dj pro 2000
sennheiser HD 555
Pioneer DJ headphones (Don't remember which model now) 
Dre beats Studio 
Dre beats tour 
Dre beats solo 
Skull candy smokin buds 
Skull candy full metal jacket

Current Headphones 

Ultrasone Pro 900's  With Fiio E17 from creative Xfi
Klipsch S4i   
Roccat Kave 5.1 for gaming 

I also Have M audio Av40's pairexd with a Polk audio PSW10 subwoofer in My pc/man cave setup 

My Home Theatre system setup is Paradigm Monitor 7 Version 2's With a Paradigm Pw-2200 Version 2 sub attached to a Yamaha RXV-757 receiver.

I listen to a large amount of electronic music and watch many movies. I also play a lot of games. 

Part 2 !

My question is about the E17/E09K setup. I have an E17 coming off SPDIF optical from my Xfi. Basically I don't like to leave my Fiio amp laying on my desk looking all haphazard. If I get the dock how exactly does it work ? When I dock the E17 will the DAC on the E17 keep working but the E09 K amp then output to the headphones through the headphones jack on the E09k front ? Will the E09k volume knob take over ? last question is, other than the asthetics of having the E17 sitting nicely in the dock is their any advantage to getting the E09k ? I was thinking it would be nice to run my Maudio AV40's off the line out on the back of the E09k is that possible ?

Sorry for all the questions but I am in a huge learning phase and as my newest headphones before the Ultrasones pro 900 and S4i's were actually the beats I am in a large upward phase of learning that the Beats have their place but really aren't what I want !

Thanks 

-Jimi- 

Aug 15, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
Hey Everyone, 

I just joined earlier in the week and wanted to say hi. I'm a young family man from Canada. Though I am new to Head -fi forums and real head fi equipment I would still consider myself an audiophile on a budget. 

Over the years my headphones have included 

Sony MDR's 
Stanton Dj Pro 3000
Stanton Dj pro 2000
sennheiser HD 555
Pioneer DJ headphones (Don't remember which model now) 
Dre beats Studio 
Dre beats tour 
Dre beats solo 
Skull candy smokin buds 
Skull candy full metal jacket

Current Headphones 

Ultrasone Pro 900's  With Fiio E17 from creative Xfi
Klipsch S4i   
Roccat Kave 5.1 for gaming 

I also Have M audio Av40's pairexd with a Polk audio PSW10 subwoofer in My pc/man cave setup 

My Home Theatre system setup is Paradigm Monitor 7 Version 2's With a Paradigm Pw-2200 Version 2 sub attached to a Yamaha RXV-757 receiver.

I listen to a large amount of electronic music and watch many movies. I also play a lot of games. 

Part 2 !

My question is about the E17/E09K setup. I have an E17 coming off SPDIF optical from my Xfi. Basically I don't like to leave my Fiio amp laying on my desk looking all haphazard. If I get the dock how exactly does it work ? When I dock the E17 will the DAC on the E17 keep working but the E09 K amp then output to the headphones through the headphones jack on the E09k front ? Will the E09k volume knob take over ? last question is, other than the asthetics of having the E17 sitting nicely in the dock is their any advantage to getting the E09k ? I was thinking it would be nice to run my Maudio AV40's off the line out on the back of the E09k is that possible ?

Sorry for all the questions but I am in a huge learning phase and as my newest headphones before the Ultrasones pro 900 and S4i's were actually the beats I am in a large upward phase of learning that the Beats have their place but really aren't what I want !

Thanks 

-Jimi- 

Congrats about getting the Pro 900s! I don't know much about the E09 Doc. but it should add some nice power to your rig! There is how ever and old E09 Thread around here some where. And it's funny when I first got into this hobby, I wanted an E09 Dock and E7k Amp, and Dac combo xD. 

Although Honestly I prefer my oDac and Matrix M stage, still the Fiio Combo should work well and sound better, some one else will have to answer your question though, sorry >.> 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back