New to Forum first questions
Mar 15, 2006 at 8:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

NoT_an_eXpeRT

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, I'm brand spanking new to these forums. Just been browsing through them over the past week and liked what I saw enough to get involved. Now I am a computer junkie first and foremost but I am also big on sound quality. I am exactly as my name states...far from being an expert. I picked up a Chaintech AV-710 and run out a set of 400W RMS Logitech z-560 (4.1 setup). Not sure if that means anything to all of ya but there ya go.

My iPod mini is a P.O.S its battery dies about every 3hrs and the nano makes me super jealous. My 'phones at the present time are the Sony MDR-XD200. Can I get feedback on this set? I just ordered my first ever set of earbuds, that being the Sennheiser MX400. Are these a solid choice? I've read mostly decent reviews so far. And I have never heard of burning in 'phones how is this done? *** Okay I JUST read the FAQ on burning in. Very informative and eye-opening. Good info there.

Sorry for the "noobish-ness", and thx for ur time n input!

Mar 15, 2006 at 10:23 PM Post #2 of 4

ZackT

500+ Head-Fier
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoT_an_eXpeRT
My 'phones at the present time are the Sony MDR-XD200. Can I get feedback on this set? I just ordered my first ever set of earbuds, that being the Sennheiser MX400!

I gave my brother in law a pair of MX500's to replace the stock ipod buds (which suck). He loves them. Better bass extention etc. Sennheiser buds are a good start but if you stay on these forums long enough you'll probably end up getting in ear monitors (IEM's) - the ultimate for portability and isolation.

Mar 15, 2006 at 10:28 PM Post #3 of 4

Filburt

Headphoneus Supremus
Not every member of this forum has moved on to IEMs. I've stuck with earbuds.

Users who are viewing this thread