New to foobar2000..need help!
Oct 18, 2010 at 9:11 AM Post #47 of 54
Recently I discovered a much easier way to add the album art to your songs in Foobar2K without having to use extra components like the Discogs one. And it is much easier aswell.

All you have to do is save the album art image as a .jpg file inside the folder that the songs are in and just name it 'cover', now when you import the audio files into Foobar it will automaticly tag the songs and show the album art.
Much easier than tagging every file in Foobar with a component and this works guaranteed :wink:

Hope this was helpfull.

Oct 18, 2010 at 7:48 PM Post #48 of 54
do you know where i can find foo_fileops.dll? i dont see it on the components page.

Quote:

There is no hard and fast way of getting foobar set-up, just that there are a crazy amount of options available. First of all don't read any posts on setting up foobar that are more than about 18 months old, foobar has changed a bit since then, much easier to set up.

As a starter download the latest version and install it, and select ''album list and properties (tabbed)", you can change it later if you want. It will probably look uninviting at first but that's due to not having any music. Go to File>Preferences>Media Library and add some music. Also good components to install can include:

foo_albumlist.dll (included in the download now I think)
foo_discogs.dll
foo_quicktag.dll (both taggers, forgotten which one's best)
foo_fileops.dll (file operations, delete, move, copy, rename)
foo_dop.dll (for an ipod)
foo_playcount.dll (playback statistics if you want them)
foo_out_wasapi.dll (good sound)

In the preferences window check the box at the bottom of the media library page marked 'library viewer selection enabled'. That should get you a working and good sounding version which you can play around with later. After that colours and fonts are in prefernces.

I might have missed something out though.

Edit:
Should add, most components are here: http://www.foobar2000.org/components
When it's set-up go to file>preferences>playback>output, and select wasapi: your soundcard as your output device and the appropriate sampling rate (as high as is recognised, probably 16-bit)

Oct 19, 2010 at 1:01 AM Post #50 of 54
For newbies to Foobar, the basic foobar is really easy even with just a few minutes looking at it. It seems daunting at first with all of the crazy skins but really a simple and nice one can be made easily. As said multiple times just choose one of the basic themes, and then enable layout editing mode in the tools (I believe). Right click is your friend all over the interface with that enabled. You'll learn that you can insert, delete, and stretch just about everything to how you like it. Anything that isn't there that you want can be easily searched for specifically online.

The only thing I wish I could get foobar to do for me now is use the quicksearch box, but have it inside the layout instead of a popup. This is possible for columns UI but not for the default...only the side search box that doesn't function similarly to the Itunes way of searching, which I am fond of.

Oct 19, 2010 at 2:07 AM Post #51 of 54
@DDVX: you might wanna use es_playlist. It might took sometimes to master with a somewhat clumsy configuration dialog, but it does have built in quicksearch box at the bottom of the playlist. In my config, I hide it but I can toggle its visibility with F3.
Another option is foo_quicksearch. It's somewhat more complicated to use IMO, and integration is not as well as the one above.

Oct 19, 2010 at 10:48 AM Post #52 of 54

Quote:
do you know where i can find foo_fileops.dll? i dont see it on the components page.

If you pm me your e-mail address i can send you any components i've listed if you can't find them online (i presume you've searched hydrogenaudio) and any others I might have (mp3 player set-up, asio, kernell streaming etc.)

Oct 19, 2010 at 9:10 PM Post #54 of 54

Quote:
@DDVX: you might wanna use es_playlist. It might took sometimes to master with a somewhat clumsy configuration dialog, but it does have built in quicksearch box at the bottom of the playlist. In my config, I hide it but I can toggle its visibility with F3.
Another option is foo_quicksearch. It's somewhat more complicated to use IMO, and integration is not as well as the one above.

Thanks I'll check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back