New to board, I just bought a Sony D25
Dec 24, 2001 at 3:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

hussman

New Head-Fier
Hi, I just bought a Sony D25 for $66 + shipping off of Ebay. I was just wondering if it was a good price here is a link to the auction.
Ebay Auction. I know it is a little late and all since I've already bought it but I couldn't help it, the auction was ending in fifteen minutes and I didn't have time to think. It comes w/ DC Charger, Battery, Case, Stereo Chord, Wired remote Control. Also I've read up on the forum about the sound quality and I have about $40 to spend on headphones. I just bought some KSC-35's from Koss.com and I have those crappy behind the ear street style sonys. Anything else that would go good w/ this PCDP? By the way I have an old skool Technics PCDP that I bought in Europe about 6-7 years ago, has 3 second anti-shock and different DSP modes. Anything know anything about them? It sounds really good, model number is SL-???? (It's at my parent's house) and Panasonic USA doesn't know anything about it (it skips constantly now). I'm asking alot of questions here I know, especially for a newbie. Hopefully I can gain knowledge and be part of the crew soon though. Thanks in advance,
Hussein

Dec 24, 2001 at 4:02 AM Post #2 of 6
No time right now to reply to all of your questions, but I will say this: You'll probably need a new battery. I doubt the one in the box will take a charge. Sony sells them through their website for $31 plus shipping. You want the BP-2EX; it's the replacement for the original BP-2 battery that came with the D-25. The BP-2 only lasted about 2 - 2.5 hours on a charge anyway; the BP-2EX lasts between 3.5 and 4 hours.

Dec 24, 2001 at 4:24 AM Post #3 of 6
thank you very much for the info, I will probably wait until I get the battery to see how much of a run I can get with a full charge before investing more $$$'s.

Hussein

Dec 24, 2001 at 5:51 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by hussman
thank you very much for the info, I will probably wait until I get the battery to see how much of a run I can get with a full charge before investing more $$$'s.

Maybe I wasn't clear? I'm saying you probably won't get ANY runtime with the original battery. It's been sitting in the box for at least 9 years, probably 10 or 11. When you plug in the power adapter, check the far left side of the display. You should see a small "charging" animation. If you don't see this, it means the battery won't charge at all and you need a new one.

Even if it does take a charge, it may not last long. You might get only a few minutes of play time off of it because it is so old. If I had to guess, though, I'd say it probably won't work at all.

Dec 24, 2001 at 10:26 AM Post #6 of 6
Ahhhhhhhhhh, now I get it. See I'm learning fast aren't I? Anyways I'm going out of town on the 26th so I'm going to order a battery or two before I leave so I should have them sitting on my doorstep when I get home. Unfortunately I have not yet received my Sony so I'm going to have to take my skip-prone but great sounding Technics PCDP. Something is really wrong with it, but I gotta deal with it til' the Sony arrives. Thanks again.

Hussein

Users who are viewing this thread

Back