New to audiophile, need help!
May 12, 2009 at 4:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

akg702

Head-Fier
Hi

This is my first post, and just want to said hi.

I'm new or trying to go into audiophile, and don't really own a good audio system or headphone before. I'm busy most of the day in meeting at work and when I have time to sit down on my desk, I want to have a good headset with tubes amp to play the music I like with my ipod, computer or a cd player.

My best audio system is probably my car audio system that came with the car and my desktop computer speakers.
icon10.gif

I have been doing research for a few weeks, to find the best way for me to start enjoying musics.... and my concussion is to start with a good headset with a tubes amp.

I'm looking at the Sennheiser HD600 or the AKG 702. I'm now going more towards the AKG 702 as I have tried my buddy AKG 701 before and it very comfortable... and cheaper.

I wonder this is a good price for the AKG 702.
The places I was looking at the AKG 702 is US $261.00 free shipping.

I have no ideas on which tubes amp to start with the AKG702 around $200.

Any advices on the AKG 702 and where can I buy a tubes amp that is good with the 702 will be a great help. Again, I have no experience with audiophile and please forgive me it I write or ask something silly.

Thanks in advance
Fin

May 12, 2009 at 8:04 AM Post #2 of 3
Hi Fin, welcome to Head-Fi, and sorry about your wallet.. :p

The AKG 702 for $260 is just about as cheap as it gets. As for tubes for $200 the only one I can think of for that price is little dot Mk3s. They're in the $200-$300 range. Although I can say that a $200-$300 amp will not be powerful enough for the 702. But it will certainly be better than having no amp.
smily_headphones1.gif

Enjoy!

May 12, 2009 at 9:25 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks Mike

I can stretch more on a amp, what about the little dot mk 4? or something else. Do you advice on a portable amp like the Pico... kinda a silly question as the Akg 702 need a full amp.

What is a good enough amp to power the AKG 702?
Tube or no tube for the AKG 702?

Thanks
Fin

Quote:

Originally Posted by ting.mike /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Fin, welcome to Head-Fi, and sorry about your wallet.. :p

The AKG 702 for $260 is just about as cheap as it gets. As for tubes for $200 the only one I can think of for that price is little dot Mk3s. They're in the $200-$300 range. Although I can say that a $200-$300 amp will not be powerful enough for the 702. But it will certainly be better than having no amp.
smily_headphones1.gif

Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back