new tips question
Jan 18, 2009 at 1:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

darkangel9685

100+ Head-Fier
I literally just ordered my SA6's 20 min ago, and was just perusing head-fi when I saw info on the ++bass and ++treble tips

I was wondering, will i get these tips with my order? I bought from amazon and they should be here within a week

Jan 18, 2009 at 2:46 AM Post #2 of 6
since you bought it just recently and amazon should have their stock constantly updated, you should get the new bass port. if not, give sleek audio a heads up, they'll definitely take care of you. the treble ++ port will definitely be there as it has been included in the packages for a while.

Jan 18, 2009 at 2:49 AM Post #3 of 6
Sleek Audio packages new bass ports and treble tubes with the SA6, so yes, you should get them with your order.

Jan 20, 2009 at 10:00 PM Post #4 of 6
We have include the new Bass+ and the Treble++ ports with every SA6 we send to retailers. SA-6s from Amazon will definitely have the new ports. No worries
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 23, 2009 at 3:01 AM Post #5 of 6
Just curious: my new Bass+ ports don't seem to fit in flush with the unit. They sound fine, but they stick out a bit. Is this normal?

Also, can anyone provide the color coding for the treble tips? Long story, but I lost the little card that held the tips. Thanks in advance.

Jan 23, 2009 at 4:53 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coop47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just curious: my new Bass+ ports don't seem to fit in flush with the unit. They sound fine, but they stick out a bit. Is this normal?

Yes, this is normal. It appears the yellow filter widens the rubber exterior of the port just enough that it doesn't enter the SA6's bass chamber as completely/easily as the other ports. FWIW, I've started experimenting with the new bass+ ports now that my replacement SA6 came in (with, incidentally, one of the chrome pieces already loose right off the bat
frown.gif
), and removing the yellow filter allows the bass+ port to enter the bass channel as well as any of the old tips.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coop47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also, can anyone provide the color coding for the treble tips? Long story, but I lost the little card that held the tips. Thanks in advance.

yellow filter --> treble-
green filter --> treble=
grey filter --> treble+
black tube (no filter) --> treble++

Users who are viewing this thread

Back