New TF10 User with some questions
Aug 28, 2012 at 9:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

mc906

New Head-Fier
I just received my TF10s from Amazon.
First of all, i realize the stock cables suck.
I'm not looking for a big upgrade, just something thats reasonably priced and more manageable, i read some post about these ones
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/custom-in-ear-monitors/accessories
but i wasn't sure if i need to buy the pre2010 or post 2010 version

also if i wear them straight down, do i need to switch the left and right piece?

thanks so much

Aug 28, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #2 of 10
Aug 28, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #3 of 10
You can find several on ebay from sellers who make upgrade privately.

I use sunricky's Dark Lord cable, it costs $35 US.

He has others ranging in price. You need to get rid of the stock memory wire (ear hoops). It's terrible.

Here's his cables.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/sunricky/m.html?hash=item3cc9c3d829&item=261083093033&pt=UK_Home_Garden_CD_DVDStorage_SM&rt=nc&_trksid=p4340.l2562

Goodluck!

Aug 28, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:
Check out this cable, made by Fiio. Reasonable price, and everyone who has tried them says they are a solid piece.

http://www.amazon.com/RC-UE1-Portable-Headphone-Booster-Cable/dp/B006DIFXTG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1346205194&sr=8-1&keywords=fiio+triple+fi+10+cable

Also, no you don't switch them left to right to wear them down. 

i'm just kind of concern about the bad reviews on these amazon
and do you know which logitech cable would work?
thanks

Aug 31, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #5 of 10
If you do not take care of your equipment you will have problems with ANY cable.  You cant wrap it around your player and shove it into your skinny jeans pocket. (or any pocket for that matter)

I have had TF10 for a long time and never had cable issues.  I love the cable....never tangles and is robust.  I wish more companies had this type of rubbery cable.  I love Westone but their cables tangle when you sneeze on them.

Aug 31, 2012 at 8:56 PM Post #6 of 10
You want to get the cable that is marked for  (Before September 1, 2010) if you don't want to do modifications to make the cable fit.

If i was to purchase another cable i would buy the black 64 inch wire. Here is my reasoning , for me the 48 inch cable is a bit too short if I wanted to run the cable behind my back and have the media player in my hand i would be tugging at my IEMs. And black so that you don't see the cable oxidizing.

Sep 1, 2012 at 7:39 AM Post #8 of 10
Hey H20Fidelity

I am looking to buy sunricky cables but not sure if they are good....whats your opinion about sunricky cables (since you've been using it for a while now)

Cheers!

Sep 1, 2012 at 8:01 AM Post #9 of 10
Hey H20Fidelity

I am looking to buy sunricky cables but not sure if they are good....whats your opinion about sunricky cables (since you've been using it for a while now)

Cheers!

Hi there!

Well the builds been fairly solid, I haven't had a problem, if anything over the last month mines relaxed and become less springy the more I've handle it. I gather because the cable comes coiled in a zip bag. There's a little microphonics using Dark Lord which I have, though it's only noticeable when the cables rattled above the cinch. However, if you tuck the guides in behind your ears it's almost non existent because noise cancels out there. The ear hoops are really comfortable allowing enough movement in all directions not to feel stiff.

Sound wise using the silver plated 4x core cable It has become smoother, airy, and extended in the highs. the lows have also punch a little more, much better than the stock cable offered.

Remember this cable was only $36 so I would expect a little more from his higher end cables.

The only problem I can see is people disliking the straight jack which is reenforced making the total length quite long for portable use and pocketing. (see pic)

I'm happy to give them go ahead, if they were bad you would hear about it from me. I have no regrets and would happily try another.

Sep 1, 2012 at 8:16 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:
Hi there!
Well the builds been fairly solid, I haven't had a problem, if anything over the last month mines relaxed and become less springy the more I've handle it. I gather because the cable comes coiled in a zip bag. There's a little microphonics using Dark Lord which I have, though it's only noticeable when the cables rattled above the cinch. However, if you tuck the guides in behind your ears it's almost non existent because noise cancels out there. The ear hoops are really comfortable allowing enough movement in all directions not to feel stiff.
Sound wise using the silver plated 4x core cable It has become smoother, airy, and extended in the highs. the lows have also punch a little more, much better than the stock cable offered.
Remember this cable was only $36 so I would expect a little more from his higher end cables.
The only problem I can see is people disliking the straight jack which is reenforced making the total length quite long for portable use and pocketing. (see pic)

I'm happy to give them go ahead, if they were bad you would hear about it from me. I have no regrets and would happily try another.

Cool....I think I'll give it a go.....actually i prefer straight jacks so that shouldn't be a problem......Thanks a lot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back